Review by MatereF -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Review by MatereF -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by MatereF »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered: The Business Owner’s Guide to Leadership & Success by Dominica Lumazar is a book that I enjoyed reading. This is one of those books that I took my time reading and absorbing its rich contents.

The book is divided into three parts i.e. Leading for Success, Business Value and Business Clarity. In the first part, the author puts more emphasis on the importance of leadership in a business and why all business owners should strive to be leaders. In the second part, the author talks about the value of relationships to a business and why business owners should seek to build relationships that last. Finally, in part three, the author encourages business owners to be clear on what their business is all about. The author then concludes her book by telling the reader why she wrote the book and her belief that the book will be helpful to those who read it.

There were a lot of things that I did like about this book. The first thing that I liked was the honesty of the author regarding how she started her business and the lessons she has learned along the way. The second thing I liked was that at the end of each chapter there are action steps that are accompanied by questions. It’s my belief that answering each of the questions truthfully will go a long way in helping one be a successful business owner.

The third thing I liked is that the author created a priceless list of valuable resources that she has made available for readers of the book. The fourth thing I liked about the book is that the examples that the author has used in the book are very relatable and easy to understand. At the end of the book, the author has included a list of references so that one can read further and even acquire more knowledge.

Lastly, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not pick out any errors as it very well written and professionally edited. I found the book to be both engaging and educational, with no noteworthy negatives to mention. I got hooked by the way the author masterfully wrote about owning and running a successful business. I believe it will appeal to business owners, aspiring business owners and even students undertaking business courses especially those that are marketing oriented. The book did stay true to the author’s desire of equipping readers with tools to help them to develop personal leadership strategies that will help them become successful business owners.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Frankly, the book is a business guide for those who want to start their own.
I enjoyed reading your review. Nice one!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 04:31 Frankly, the book is a business guide for those who want to start their own.
I enjoyed reading your review. Nice one!
I totally agree with you. Thanks for stopping by.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

This is clearly an inspiring and practical read for business owners! Many thanks for your thorough review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

Though not a business owner yet, I'll love to learn from the masters.
Great review!
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Empowered is one of the best books I've read this year. Dominica is a great woman. I can't understand why some people gave it three stars. Great review, MatereF.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like the discussion on starting a business and featuring the author's experiences. Thanks for the insightful review.
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I am not a business person so would pass this one. Glad you liked.
Thanks for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”