Review by Wanja Hannah -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Mode...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by Wanja Hannah -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Mode...

Post by Wanja Hannah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance" by Morris Rollins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The chauvinist guide to modern romance by Morris Rollins.
Have you ever wondered how the world would be without women? The chauvinist’s Guide to modern Romance is a non-fiction book that focuses on guiding men on how to have an upper hand. It’s written with humor and it comes as a comic book that talks about both women and men. The book is divided into nine sections/chapters. The beginning depicts a man as an independent creature who is uncivilized and that a woman has controlled him leading him to be a modern eunuch.

The writer describes a woman as Adam’s rib, a being that through civilization and modernization has gained effective control of the heart and mind of humanity. The book talks of a woman as a moralist, liberator as well as a threatening figure to men. So what exactly are the basic character differences between men and women? You will find this and much more in this book.

A young man Maury is a modern Eunuch, not by wish but by lack of knowledge on how to handle women. First of all the writer advises on knowing yourself as a man in order to know your march and even know how to handle different kind of women. Maury who inspired the author to write this book was mistreated and abused by all kind of girls. He got pointers from the author which has helped him to be a smooth operator. A man is depicted as the ultimate predator, the warrior as well as the provider and the consumer of women. The modern man however, is depicted as civilized and uses the power of money to show might unlike in the olden days where the spears were the show of might.

Do you wish to know which type of a guy you are, nice guy perhaps? Do you wish to know how chauvinism works? Then this is the book for you. Looks, Eye contact, conversations, style, scents, occupation, dress, confrontation, body language ,places you hang out, lies, love making are just among the basics that define what kind of a man one is. If you wish to win the battle of the sexes, this is the book to look for. Knowing what type of a woman you are dealing with will help you become the perfect chauvinist. Is she the nice girl, the bad girl, the blonde, the older woman, the fat woman, the catholic girls, the femi Nazis, the nymphomaniacs, the bitches or is she the beautiful young woman? This book will guide you to capture each of the girls in the simplest way possible.

This book is well written though it does not show sign of professional editing, it is a nice read. I would recommend this book to men readers who are working hard to have an upper hand over women. The book contains some graphic illustrations which may appear offensive to young adults. I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars as it gives clear guidelines to the reader. It is an interesting read that may be helpful to the modern man in dealing with the modern woman.

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Wanja Kenya
Burnaard+42
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burnaard-42.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Burnaard+42 »

A well laid and clear autopsy to the book there. Chapter by chapter in summary lays a clever suspense that puts a potential reader to a scrambling run for the book. You inspired me to read and for sure i concur.
Wanjugush
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Favorite Book: Becoming
Currently Reading: Finding A Job in Tough Times
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjugush.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn
fav_author_id: 2734

Post by Wanjugush »

Great review, though I found the book offensive to women and not recommended to any sensible man. Either way, I hope anyone who reads it, takes it as a satire.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

It's likely not the sort of book I would enjoy, but I suppose it has an audience. People interested in the pickup artistry community would probably love the book as it reflects a similar worldview. Thanks for the review!
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

Even assuming this book is intended as humor, I still find it to be appallingly offensive. That sort of thing was cute 20-30 years ago, but not anymore.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

This is an interesting novel since I thought that men already have an upper hand. But perhaps the novel gives different perspectives. thanks for the wonderful review.
Wanja Hannah

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Burnaard+42 wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 14:48 A well laid and clear autopsy to the book there. Chapter by chapter in summary lays a clever suspense that puts a potential reader to a scrambling run for the book. You inspired me to read and for sure i concur.
I found it entertaining in a witty way.
Wanja Kenya
Wanja Hannah

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Wanjugush wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 14:16 Great review, though I found the book offensive to women and not recommended to any sensible man. Either way, I hope anyone who reads it, takes it as a satire.
I agree it is not for any lady who may have been demeaned before.
Wanja Kenya
Wanja Hannah

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Wanjugush wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 14:16 Great review, though I found the book offensive to women and not recommended to any sensible man. Either way, I hope anyone who reads it, takes it as a satire.
I agree it is not for any lady who may have been demeaned before.
Wanja Kenya
Wanja Hannah

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Tomah wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 15:13 It's likely not the sort of book I would enjoy, but I suppose it has an audience. People interested in the pickup artistry community would probably love the book asw it reflects a similar worldview. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for passing by. I agree it's not everyone's read.
Wanja Kenya
Wanja Hannah

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Wyland wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 08:38 This is an interesting novel since I thought that men already have an upper hand. But perhaps the novel gives different perspectives. thanks for the wonderful review.
Thanks for passing by. I think the book is meant for the "modern eunuchs" as said in the book. Some men get intimidated by the modern woman.
Wanja Kenya

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”