Review by jeminah28 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peni...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review by jeminah28 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peni...

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca and the rest of the furry team were in Terrance's and Monk's library. A painting of a Siberian tiger mounted on the wall, the team looks with amazement. They learned an unknown number of Siberian tigers settled in the reserve areas on the border between North Korea and China. Messy, the human mom of the furry buddies was talking to Solo, who is Terrance's owner (a dog) and Monk (a Russian cat). There was a bit of interesting news as Inca, the head of the cat detectives listened to their humanoid companion. "South Korea, here we come!" The team happily announces the news to the furry community.

On the plane, Messy and Solo were chatting together, but a French chef interfered with them. Enzo was also invited by the 'Le Cordon Bleu' to be a judge to whom they are going; this man also becomes Messy's competitor in the cheese business. The furry fellows detected something unusual about this man.

At South Korea Airport, the team was in commotion because something had disappeared. Fromage (Inca's Tabby brother) was in a panic. Terrance, a noble dog, had transformed into a fierce one. Cara and Inca were scampered behind their human mom. Will the team arrive in the 'Le Cordon Bleu' at the right time? What happened? Does this event force the furry buddies to cross the Korean border?

CAT DETECTIVES IN THE KOREAN PENINSULA is a tale of an animal detective designed for children. This book is the sequel of SERENDIPITY MYSTERY: DIARY OF A SNOOPY CAT with the same author R. F. Kristi, an award-winning author, particularly in the children's genre. I recommend this book to someone who likes children story for a bedtime story or for teaching kids. If the readers wanted to demonstrate the young ones about friendship, grab this book and enjoy the animal's enormous heart-wrenching friendship.

The author is excellent at connecting the readers to the previous book while giving emphasis to the book's introduction of CAT DETECTIVES IN THE KOREAN PENINSULA. I like the way the author connected the previous book to the present one; I abruptly hook to the new journey of the furry gang because the author included factual information on the introduction. I cannot sight any dislike other than my confusion below.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author described Korean Culture and Korean's Safety measures between the North and South Korean Borders clearly for younger audiences. This book provides good information about the top "Do's" and "Don'ts" in the Korean Peninsula like obeying the rules in the buffer zone known as Korean DMZ; this is the most captivating part in the book. Furthermore, the book is full of fun, which entertains me well. The images also look lively that gives more excitement to the scene. However, I noticed just a minor mistake, and I was confused about one of the pet's names. These minor errors do not alter my ratings apart from it the book is written well. I did not encounter erroneous words nor grammatical errors.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Any book that teaches children more about friendship is precious. Great review and recommendation. I will try reading this some time myself.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

I recently read and reviewed this book and I completely agree with you. This book teaches children values in a subtle way! Thank you for the review! :)
"Growth is the essence of life."
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

labibliofile wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 01:08 I recently read and reviewed this book and I completely agree with you. This book teaches children values in a subtle way! Thank you for the review! :)
I was also fascinated by the Korean culture since we have a lot of Koreans living in our village. The author put some of the Korean's hospitality.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

It is a lovely book that teaches children the value of friendship with an interesting story. Nice review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Amelia-Lily
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-lily.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Amelia-Lily »

If you are looking for the perfect book for your children with enough moral lessons, pick this book.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

I know this book has its detractors, but the author used color images and a fantastic writing style to draw the reader in and make them fall in love with the characters. This is a fantastic review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”