Review by B Creech -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review by B Creech -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have always believed the body can heal itself if one has enough faith. Happy Healing: 8 Magic Steps to Relieve Pain and Discomfort by Dominique Bourlet is a book about self-healing using a method developed by the author.

Bourlet is an alternative Practioner specializing in acupressure. He studied multiple massage techniques throughout Asia, some based on Buddhism. The massage techniques led him to develop his Happy Healing method, which he uses with his patients privately and in group settings. In the book, the author gives the steps of his method concisely from beginning to end. One can practice the process in the privacy of their home if desired. The book starts with a quiz so the patient can evaluate themselves to see if they are ready for the Happy Healing method. The author walks the reader through the complete process step by step. By the end of the book, the reader will be able to use and assist others in using Bourlet's method, as well as utilize it for their personal use. The book has three parts: "The Creation of the Method;" "The Description of the Method;" and "The Application of the Method." Each section contains chapters explaining steps of the Happy Healing method. He refers to a patient's suffering as "Lady Pain," and to the body location where there is a problem as the "Body-In-Pain," or "BOP." For example, if a patient is having pain in their knee, the knee becomes the "BOP." To learn all the steps of the Happy Healing method, one would have to read the book.

I enjoyed reading Happy Healing, and I found it intriguing to learn Dominique Bourlet is a former horse whisperer. He likens the mental aspect of his Happy Healing method to the horse whispering technique; even using the term "body whispering." The focus of the book is primarily on pain; however, Bourlet maintains his approach can also work for most diseases. As a retired nurse, I can find merit in the author's method. In my nursing career, I witnessed the difference in a patient's positive reaction versus an adverse response in their healing process. A positive attitude is a powerful asset in any healing method. As a Christian, I was distracted by the author's use of Cosmos as the higher power instead of God. To his credit, Bourlet did state that if the patient was uncomfortable using Cosmos, they should use the word God, or whatever word they preferred.

What I liked most about the book were the case studies. I found it fascinating reading the patients' descriptions as they worked through the Happy Healing method. I also liked that Bourlet included copies of reporting forms he uses with his patients in the book for the reader to copy and use. What I disliked most about the book was there was a lot of repetition. Each time Bourlet began another part of the method, he would again repeat the steps he had already covered. I would find my mind beginning to wander during the repetitive sections.

The book was exceptionally well-edited. I found only two errors which did not distract from the reading. The method Bourlet has developed is an excellent guide to learning how to help the body self-heal. Despite the repetitiveness, the author has arranged the content well; the editing is professional, and the healing method is described in easy to understand language and terminology. Therefore I give Happy Healing: 8 Magic Steps to Relieve Pain and Discomfort by Dominique Bourlet 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to anyone suffering from chronic pain or illness with an emphasis on the word chronic. (The method should not replace an acute episode or emergency). I would also recommend it to those who are interested in self-healing and want to learn more about it. I cannot think of anyone to whom I would not recommend this book. There is something for everyone in its content.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I really recommend this book to the ones who are having physical pain. Thank you for the review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”