Review by Lindsey Klaus -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Review by Lindsey Klaus -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

Wyland wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 06:17 I'm impressed this was written by a 12 year old as it looks quite through. Thanks for the insightful review.
The author is very talented. I'm really excited to see how he grows into his style as he gets older, as he shows a lot of potential. Thanks for commenting!
Lindsey Klaus

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

rumik wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 18:34 Very impressive that a 12-year-old wrote this. I was writing stories at 12 but never had the drive/determination to actually finish one, let alone a whole book. Thanks for the well-written review!
Thank you so much! Yes, it's definitely an ambitious project for a 12-year-old. I loved writing stories, but I could never finish them when I was that age unless it was really short! He's very talented. Thank you again for stopping by!
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

What an incredible achievement to write an entire book at age 12! I applaud the author. This sounds very well-written, and I'm sure he will be a great success one day with such determination. Thanks for this great review! Cheers:)
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Lindsey Klaus

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

Meg98 wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 16:49 What an incredible achievement to write an entire book at age 12! I applaud the author. This sounds very well-written, and I'm sure he will be a great success one day with such determination. Thanks for this great review! Cheers:)
He is very talented! I was stunned to learn his age. It's quite an accomplishment. I hope he becomes very successful in the future. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to read and comment! :)
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This book is amazing considering the author's age! However, it would probably benefit a lot from an editing to iron out the issues mentioned. Thank you for the review!
Lindsey Klaus

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

gen_g wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 17:14 This book is amazing considering the author's age! However, it would probably benefit a lot from an editing to iron out the issues mentioned. Thank you for the review!
Agreed! I really hope once the author is a little older that he does a re-release of an edited version, because I bet it'd be fantastic. He has a lot of talent and potential to be tapped, and plenty of time to hone it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment!
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

It's heartwarming to see a kid take his frustrations with life, and turn them into something positive and beautiful. Thanks for the descriptive review!
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”