Review by MysticalAngel -- Toward Happier Choices

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MysticalAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticalangel.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by MysticalAngel -- Toward Happier Choices

Post by MysticalAngel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toward Happier Choices" by Michael Oborn.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn. He talks a bit about growing up being a Mormon. The things that are required of you. He also talks about good and bad about the religion. Through all of this he explains a bit about the religion, enough so those who know absolutely nothing can get a grasp on what the religion is like.

Michael Oborn like many other writes about his challenges with religion, and what he goes through. How he handles the different struggles. He goes through and how his family deals with them as well. He also, shows how he deals with his family through all of this. He shows as well how the church deals with things it might surprise you a bit.

He talks about what it is like being a woman in the Mormon church. What your rights are as well as your responsibilities. He talks about what it is like marrying in the Mormon church as well as divorcing in the Mormon church. As well as what exactly can come after that . He talks about finding love after that and how that can change a person in ways even he didn't expect.

He goes through what life as a reporter was like. How he had the best job and screwed it up by drinking. Then he went to AA met a buddy there and got an even better job doing what what he loved best. It goes through who he reported on which I found very interesting. This is where he shows how he exchanged the alcohol for coffee which was something actually better for him anyway.

He also goes in to detail how and why he stands up for women's rights. He talks about the abuse of women and how many people are speaking out about it. He even gives quotes about he himself has take the time to look up in order to reference them.

This is a very good book for the sports enthusiast. I would also recommend it for someone who is studying religions or wants to know more about the Mormon religion. This book is also good for those in AA because it shows you can kick the habit and still find something you love to be doing that brings joy to your life. In my opinion I think it is nice to have guys like him that fight for women's rights we need more men and women who do that.

This book taught me a lot; I did not know much about the Mormon religion. I now know more than I did when I first started reading this book. I came away with a better understanding of the religion. Now I know what the women go through in the religion. I don't necessarily agree with the religion. It was neat hearing all the football players he got to meet not many people get to see that many famous football players.

I rate this a 2 out of 4 stars

Toward Happier Choices
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”