Review by angelichyesu -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Mode...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
angelichyesu
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelichyesu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by angelichyesu -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Mode...

Post by angelichyesu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance" by Morris Rollins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Morris Rollins's book named The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance was first published in 2017 and was most probably aimed for men with no luck whatsoever in love. However, that definitely doesn't stop woman, including myself from reading it.

When I stumbled upon the book in the first place, I was attracted to its title. It made me thought this was going to be a funny but nevertheless informative read because it came from the perspective of a man. To be honest, I was intrigued by what men would see in women best. That's why I decided to read this book. Knowing the meaning of a chauvinist which is someone who gives prejudiced support to one's own group,cause or sex and is synonym with the word, unsurprisingly, sexist, I braced myself with a little offensiveness in the form of words toward women.

True to its title, honestly spoken it is a guide to find the best of relationships for men. The book categorizes both men and women into what type they are such as Nice Girls, Bad Girls and Tough Guys. It explains how today the world of men rotates around women and how women used to be okay with just being under the power of men. It also gives advice on how to score with the woman or women of your dreams.

By the end of the book, I just found myself to be humored by it. I was a little hurt by the words the author, Morris Rollins, used to describe women, but nonetheless I also found myself agreeing with it nonetheless. What I liked the most about the book was that it had pictures. The pictures made my reading more smoother and faster, plus it gave me entertainment and a laugh. The best thing was that I didn't feel sleepy reading it.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a laugh and is not offensive, never mind a man or woman. Men who have no luck with woman can give this book a try because it does give great advice. Underage audiences should not read this book though. Even though it is funny to me, the content is for a more mature crowd, what with the content saying that men want to find women for sex. Although I have said it was enjoyable read, to others they may not enjoy as much.

Finally, I would give the book a 4 out of 4 stars rating. It was professionally edited, with one or two mistakes. To me, it was a smooth read from beginning till end.

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”