Review by imSunshine -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review by imSunshine -- The Unbound Soul

Post by imSunshine »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Find my bones for they are the core of my teachings.”

Spirituality is very important to humanity for without it life will be lost. Everybody has different believes, and as people of morale and value, we know how to respect various beliefs from all over the world. In The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight, spirituality becomes the center of life.

Haight discussed and imparted his knowledge in his book. It focused on spiritual teachings based on his experiences, learnings, and researches. He elaborated each episode or event of his life to support a specific content of the book. There are valuable techniques to strengthen our spirit like “The Observation Meditation,” and “The Dance of Self,” which are really helpful and easy.

When I started reading the book, honestly, I found it a bit harsh when he mentioned about the Christians are going to burn in hell if they do not go to church. I was about to stop reading but, I realized that this book has more to give than what the quick judgment I had in mind. So, I kept turning the page and I started to enjoy it without minding the author’s own perspective about religion although there are parts where it contradicts with my own.

I was surprised when I expanded my research on the author, he really knows what he was doing. In fact, he have been in multiple interviews talking about his knowledge and teaching his skills on different people. As an American born, it must have been very hard for him to leave his hometown and start a totally different life living in a tribe. And, later on lived again in Japan, where he learned martial arts.

There are a couple of things I liked about the book but, I would say my favorite is that it has no typographical nor grammatical errors. I had a swift reading, and I was surprised even more when I realized that the book was self-published. It was very impressive to me because I seriously think that that is something not everyone could do.

What I disliked about the book is none, albeit I had slightly different opinion on religion from his, I do not find it very distracting. As human beings, born in different cultures, I understand that we differ in some views in life like in religion. Also, he was able to detail everything to justify his arguments.
I recommend the book not to everyone because some Muslim or pagan people might not be interested in the bool content. And, I am afraid they will misunderstood some parts so, I recommend it to Roman Catholics or Born Again Christians who worship Jesus Christ as their God.

Because I enjoyed and learned a lot from the book, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like imSunshine's review? Post a comment saying so!
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

This doesn't sound like a book for me, but you posted a great review!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

My favorite part of the book was his adventures in different countries. What an adventure he had! Great review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
imSunshine
Currently Reading:

Post by imSunshine »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 13:40 This doesn't sound like a book for me, but you posted a great review!
Thanks for feedback. I hope you find a good book to keep you company at least for a boring day.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:

Post by imSunshine »

Letora wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 09:07 My favorite part of the book was his adventures in different countries. What an adventure he had! Great review!
Yea, I agreed! I wish I could do the same, and you too. Everybody loves adventure, right? Anyway, thanks for feedback!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”