Review by Clorinda Donovan -- The Chauvinist's Guide to ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Review by Clorinda Donovan -- The Chauvinist's Guide to ...

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance" by Morris Rollins.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like bashing a guy with an umbrella, so fervently, until he cried for his mother? Then readers beware! You may agree with me or disagree but if you are a respectable woman you may well agree with me on this point. I think this cocky and/or crazy author need said bashing, two fold.

The Chauvanist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins will make you laugh out loud or giggle. A humorous guide book about dating and (if I may be so crude) mating. Yes, you read correctly. This book is callously candid about what men want from woman, as opposed to what they get from women. Also, it outlines what the weaker sex wants from men. Ever wondered what the fundamentals on dating, "bad girls", "good girls" and older women? Whether it is "tough guys" or "nice guys" do not let this read pass you by. It is fully illustrated with pictures for examples. A thought provoking and perhaps life changing book for some.

I really liked Morris Rollins courage, in writing this book, but then again, Morris Rollins is not his real name. The cheeky guy only gave his pen name. He put together a set of rules men, and woman can use for romance, dating and intercourse. What, l really liked was that in essence, the author is trying to help the less confidant men, finding relationships and how to exude what woman want. As well as what to expect from woman. He has comically underlined all types of men and women. It is quite hilarious at times and other times The Chauvanist's Guide to Modern Romance is plain scandalous. I would definitely recommend this book to any, or all single men, that are looking for a girl and/or a woman.

This book is not for young teenagers; it is too graphic. If you do not like a borderline sexist talking in "black and white", about what men truly want, then stay clear of this one. I did not appreciate the underlying sexism and crude way in which the author writes about the fairer sex. It was outrageously callous even though it is, all, intended to be humorous. Still, I think there is more to men and women all over the world. When it comes to romance it cannot be so frivolously explained. As for acting a certain manner to please or capture the attention, of the opposite sex is in itself flawed. People should be themselves and be loved and cherished for who they are on the inside. How long can any facade be kept in place? Moreover, for relationship skills, men and women should get more credit than they actually do.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I feel compelled to reduce a star, in my rating, for the united benefit of humankind, especially women. This book was exceptionally well edited, and the illustrations coincide with the text. Overall it was humorous and a tad factual but offensive, nonetheless.

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Clorinda Donovan's review? Post a comment saying so!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”