Review by inmod -- 30th Century: Escape (General Audienc...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by inmod -- 30th Century: Escape (General Audienc...

Post by inmod »

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

30th Century Escape (General Audience Edition) is a science fiction written by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. It describes an entertaining journey of Captain Jennifer Hero who travelled back to the past to change the future she originated from further harm by the artificial races.

The story was set in the 30th century, where the humankind had evolved into two groups, the Syndos and the Natural. The main character of this story, Captain Jennifer Hero must travel back to the 27th century with her team to rewrite their histories. They had to find the antidote for the fatal virus which was installed by the artificial race, the Syndos and prevent them from reproducing by replacing with the Natural’s genes. As the Syndos lacked ethical and moral compasses of thinking, Captain Jennifer tried to return to the 27th century to fix the hereditary mutant genes that created them. The Naturals were in danger in the 30th century. However, during the translocation, they were attacked and Jennifer had to send the other teams first back to the 27th century and protected the base herself. After sending her dearest friend and right hand, Commander Kylie Brown and others to the 27th century, she used the Trans Time One, a machine that delivered her way back to the year 2015; in the 21st century.

Captain Jennifer Hero, the protagonist of the story was a strong woman. Her vision and intellectual were outstanding and beyond the intelligence of the people in the 21st century. She unraveled some mysteries of her past, linked to her future in her quest and through her meetings with the people in her seclusion. As much as she enjoyed the journey in the numerous locations in the 21st century, she also embraced her grief towards her deceased lover back in the future. Beside focusing on scientific themes, this story also highlighted various themes like familial relationships, love, and friendship.

Initially, I couldn’t comprehend the first few chapters because of the peculiar scientific terms. Many background stories were terribly difficult to understand although they were linked to the protagonist. Despite the continuity of the scenes, some of them were hard to visualize and too complex to grasp for a general audience like me. Moreover, the write-ups for the characters were unorganized, and only the leading character was mentioned until the end. The story also had a sudden ending. Furthermore, there were some typing errors that I’d seen throughout the book. The storyline was inconsistent from one part to another. Besides, I was struggling to follow the author’s ideas, and I thought it could demotivate some readers with no background of science like me. The developmental stage of the story was dreary and contained loopholes that could be expanded to make the story more exciting.

Altogether, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Some mistakes could be seen throughout the story. However, the story is suitable for science fiction enthusiasts. Those who are interested in adventure, scientific expedition, and terrestrial fictions are welcomed to read this book. I wouldn’t recommend it to people below than 18 years of age due to the explicit scenes.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like inmod's review? Post a comment saying so!
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

I don't enjoy getting bogged down with science information when reading a book so I think I will pass on this one! Enjoyed your review.
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by inmod »

allbooked+ wrote: 15 May 2019, 07:13 I don't enjoy getting bogged down with science information when reading a book so I think I will pass on this one! Enjoyed your review.
Thanks for enjoying my review! :D Everyone has different preferences though, I respect that.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”