Review by Susmita Biswas -- I Can See Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Susmita Biswas -- I Can See Peace

Post by Susmita Biswas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I Can See Peace" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn is a children's picture book with a meaningful message. When I first saw the book, it caught my attention instantly. Because the book was very attractive. I always like to read children's books because I find creativity in those books. But this one is different from others.

In our modern civilization, we are losing one important quality that is peace. Our life is all about material possessions and sensual pleasures. We are too busy to think about peace. But if we try, we can see peace all around us. We can see peace in the waves of the sea, in a small dew, in a raindrop or in the starry sky. Children are innocent and pure from heart. They don't want money, but they understand the language of love. That is why they can see peace everywhere, but we can't. The book is all about seeing peace.

I liked the whole book. The concept is very clear and easy to understand which was important for a children's book. I liked the pictures a lot. The pictures absolutely go with the concept. Beautiful pictures catch children's attention easily. I think the book should not be only for children because the message is so beautiful that it should be recommended to everybody. Peace is such an important element for a happy life. If we are unable to bring peace back in our lives, then what would our children get from us.

I liked where the writer enlightened the problems between parents. If the atmosphere of the house is peaceful, then an unwell child can get well soon. But if the parents always fight, then a child can get sick or mentally depressed. So, peace is essential for our life.
There was nothing which I didn't like. The book was very good and meaningful. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 3 because there was nothing which I didn't like. The book was well-edited. There were no typos or grammatical mistakes. I recommend this book to especially parents, but everyone should read this book once.

I Can See Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Susmita Biswas's review? Post a comment saying so!
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
Bookshelf Size: 2396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What a lovely a book and an important message! You're totally right, where adults see conflict, it's easy for kids to see peace. Amazing book and great review, thanks!
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

This seems like it holds an important message that's well presented. Great review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Indeed peace is an important message for everyone. Its even more important to teach children to pursue it. Thanks for this insightful review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I do have come across this read so many times, and I have read it shortly. This is truly one of the most meaningful book I have seen suitable for young kids. I agree with your words. Thank you for this thoughtful review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Loved this book too❤️Happy to know you enjoyed reading it and have found it to be an important material for readers of all ages. Blessings to you and your family always🙏Best regards!
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

Oh, I hope I get this in my review options. I want to read it so badly! I've read so many reviews of this and it sounds like a positively delightful book. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Susmita. Thank you for this review! :D
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Peace is what we need for our world, indeed. It's good that this piece reinforces that as early as possible through our younger ones. Thank you for your nice review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Such a lovely book about peace. I agree with you about the innocence of children and I believe we can learn a lot from them. It appears that not only the children will enjoy this book but adults also included.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

This sounds like a delightful book and I look forward to reading it. Thanks for a great review!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I like the thought that if we look we can see peace everywhere. Peace is what we all need in our lives to live out healthy and happy lives. I am glad that the pictures were beautiful in the book and that the book has a message for everyone.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”