Review by Nerea -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Review by Nerea -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Nerea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca, the Siberian Cat, and her family are off to South Korea. Their human mum has been invited by the Le Cordon Bleu to present her new cheese and be a judges of the French Patisseries competition in South Korea. On arrival at the venue, the kitties befriend a Korean dog whose master’s sister, Bo-Mi is missing. Inca and her Detective team risked their lives and crossed over to North Korea to find Bo-Mi. Did they succeed in their mission?

The book Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F Kristi has an exciting, funny, and adventurous story. The story is written in the first-person perspective. The events are chronologically presented. Moreover, the beautiful pictures and illustrations perfectly tie in with the story. The font style is appealing. The author used simple, clear, and easy to understand language. Furthermore, the numerous characters in the plot are noteworthy for the reason that they present the story lively. Additionally, the plot and characters are exceptionally developed. And finally, the tone and weight of the story are friendly, especially to the targeted readers.

The story begins with a vivid illustration of Inca’s family and the Detective team. A brief character description of Inca helps the reader understand her very well. Remarkably, the reader is also prompted by the importance of teamwork, kindness, commendation, hospitality, and friendship. The plot reveals an intriguing and fascinating relationship between one of the characters with cheese. Additionally, the entertainment and the drama portrayed in the story are hilarious and funny. Finally, the story identifies some incredible qualities that cats have over dogs.

I liked the human and the animal character blend in the book, which is an outstanding way to present a fascinating story to children. Owing to the fact that its children’s book, one might expect it to contain fewer texts, a few pages with 95% of pictures and illustrations. Commendably, this book is lengthy, contains few beautiful artworks and sentiments that are educational. Finally, I was fascinated by the reaction of the kitties towards one of the chefs at the competitions.

Every aspect of the book is incredibly portrayed. I didn’t find anything to criticize or dislike whatsoever.

The story has some moral lessons, such as teamwork is a relevant aspect of a successful mission. It’s important to travel in groups for moral support and encourage each other. Additionally, respect for the older ones is essential. Finally, don’t trust strangers who appear to be friendly for the reason that they might have wrong motives.

With all that said, I rate the book at 4 out of 4 stars for the reason that it’s professionally edited, entertaining and thrilling. The numerous characters in the plot present the story lively. And the themes are noteworthy, which include teamwork, cookery, family, and friendship. Children between age 5 and 12 will enjoy reading the book.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nerea's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

I've just finished reading this book and saw your review! I love how you've covered almost all aspects of the book summarizing it briefly, which is something I always struggle with. My summaries tend to be too long in that aspect! Thank you for the review! :)

(Though, I did notice a few errors - may be typing errors or maybe it just got overlooked. I hope I'm not out of line when I tell you this, but if you don't already, I recommend you use word along with external extensions like the free version of grammarly and scribes.com it makes a huge difference and catches mistakes that you might have ignored otherwise!)
"Growth is the essence of life."
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I have read the book as well and I also liked that the story is lengthy enough to have a proper plot and to be educational as well. Great review!
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

labibliofile wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 11:53 I've just finished reading this book and saw your review! I love how you've covered almost all aspects of the book summarizing it briefly, which is something I always struggle with. My summaries tend to be too long in that aspect! Thank you for the review! :)

(Though, I did notice a few errors - may be typing errors or maybe it just got overlooked. I hope I'm not out of line when I tell you this, but if you don't already, I recommend you use word along with external extensions like the free version of grammarly and scribes.com it makes a huge difference and catches mistakes that you might have ignored otherwise!)
I value your honest comments and recommendations. Thank you so much,
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Charlyt wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 00:47 I have read the book as well and I also liked that the story is lengthy enough to have a proper plot and to be educational as well. Great review!
Can't agree enough. I appreciate your kind comments..
No Wahala
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

Nerea wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 01:06
labibliofile wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 11:53 I've just finished reading this book and saw your review! I love how you've covered almost all aspects of the book summarizing it briefly, which is something I always struggle with. My summaries tend to be too long in that aspect! Thank you for the review! :)

Sorry it's scribens.com and not scribes.com!
"Growth is the essence of life."
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

labibliofile wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 01:15
Nerea wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 01:06

Sorry it's scribens.com and not scribes.com!
Thank you .
No Wahala
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This sounds like a fun book with great lessons for older kids, particularly about teamwork. Great review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

What a wonderful description of this book! I have read other books of the series, and this seems like another exciting book for the target audience. Thanks for your fascinating review.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 11:43 This sounds like a fun book with great lessons for older kids, particularly about teamwork. Great review!
I loved the lessons. I appreciate your kind words.
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

kdstrack wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 17:20 What a wonderful description of this book! I have read other books of the series, and this seems like another exciting book for the target audience. Thanks for your fascinating review.
Yes it is. thank you for stopping by.
No Wahala
unamilagra
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a really fun series, and I have been meaning to get the first one of these books for my daughter. I love that they teach important lessons, and are funny and entertaining at the same time. Great review!
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

unamilagra wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 15:02 This sounds like a really fun series, and I have been meaning to get the first one of these books for my daughter. I love that they teach important lessons, and are funny and entertaining at the same time. Great review!
I appreciate your kind and honest comments. :tiphat:
No Wahala
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This looks like a great book that my kids might enjoy. It seems the book is full of important lessons for the young reader to learn.
Great review!
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 15:27 This looks like a great book that my kids might enjoy. It seems the book is full of important lessons for the young reader to learn.
Great review!
Yes. And entertainment too.
Thank you for stopping by.
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”