Review by BeautySuzy -- Getting Used to Success

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Review by BeautySuzy -- Getting Used to Success

Post by BeautySuzy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Getting Used to Success" by H.J. Shalev.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“If I can do, so can you.” I have no doubt that this is one of the best motivational quotes I have ever read. Getting Used To Success by Hagai Joshua Shalev is a guide motivational book with studied gradual steps that are designed to help applicants, juniors, who are already in their full-time job and even self-employed to develop an approach in their career by creating their own new path, how to maintain success in it and how to get used to that new path.

I like the style of the writer which is simple and motivating also progressive in creating a step-by-step guide that the reader can follow with ease. It is well-known that such motivational books follow a complex and vague style, forgetting that the reader does not need too much complexity to follow an easy path and a simple guide to pave the way for himself/herself of success. Contrary to this book, the author follows a friendly style, and the style is always the key that attracts the reader. I should also express my admiration for the writer's style in the prologue of the book, which was well-prepared and really intriguing.

The best part for me in this book is that the writer cited realistic examples including his and other's to prove that the writer's steps can not be doubted. The writer has always been mentioning his experiences in facing his problems as a CEO or as a working man in general; it is worth mentioning that this is the reason that led the writer to start writing this book and mentioning all his experiences and every confrontation he suffered, the way he thought to solve them and the lesson learned from every experience. The good thing in mentioning those experiences is that the writer did not forget his personal life experiences as a reminder of our constant excuse of the interference between our personal and family life with our working life. The author pulled down this naive excuse, as always, by mentioning his own personal experiences.

The inspired quotations and the titles of chapters that pave the way for the topic of each chapter were chosen wisely by the writer because it prepares the reader well for what he/she will read or how his/her next step will be. There is not any disliked part for me in this book, but if we are to mention, then it would writer's words about how difficult the stage we would face until we achieve the new path is, since we would really learn from that stage, I do not think it is a negative point. It is OK to face ups and downs, but if we stick to patience, determination, confidence and initiative, the results will be proven to be excellent.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is professionally edited, and I would recommend it to anyone those actually needs a simple guide to start their way from scratch or for those having some troubles in their current career. No specific age recommendations.

Getting Used to Success
View: on Bookshelves

Like BeautySuzy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Think outside of the books.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A very good motivational book . I like that this book apply both to employed and to the unemployed. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

This seems like an inspiring book that gives you motivation and helps you believe in yourself and in your ability to succeed. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”