Review by clancy8 -- Compelling American Conversations

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
clancy8
Currently Reading: Toward Happier Choices
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy8.html
Latest Review: A Loaf Of Bread by Rana Bitar

Review by clancy8 -- Compelling American Conversations

Post by clancy8 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Compelling American Conversations" by Eric H. Roth and Toni Aberson and Hal Bogotch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Just moved into the united states? and worry about your fluency skills? an international student? an immigrant in the united states? well, this book got you covered.compelling american conversations by Eric Roth and Toni aberson with hal bogotch is a book to consider reading.

The book Consists of fifteen excellent curated chapters, the fifteen chapters includes opening moves, going beyond hello, making and breaking habits, studying English,being yourself yourself, choosing and keeping friends, playing and watching sports, talking about america television, celebrating american holidays, being stylish,handling stress, practising job interviews, valuing money and finding bargains and explaining american cities, and our world with photographs;and each chapter contains "two sets of conversation questions and a phrasing exercise with proverbs.

At the end of the book biographical references were indicated, the authors biographies and brief information about the quotations and proverbs.
English is a widely spoken language;English exists in so many countries either official or as immigrants language.

USA happens to be a country with English as it's dominant language and thousands of people travel down to the USA from different countries either to study,live and work and finally find it hard to speak the language, interact with people and handle stress. I love the understanding and the manner of writing the authors exhibited towards the immigrants in a country, especially where the official language its not in the immigrants mother tongue.

its really derailing, I mean you don't get to talk about Music,movies, sport and fashion to your american friends and with this, it brings out the introvert life style in the you. I love the fact that the authors understood this and wrote an amazing book about how you could interact,learn and feel so confident in all your endeavours not just as an immigrant but also as a a person,the book helps you interact with people,(to those who are introverts).

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as there was nothing i disliked about the book,the book was excellently edited and of course!the book is superb and brilliant. I recommend the book to international students,those finding it difficult to go beyond "hello" during conversations and immigrants(not just in the USA),because the concepts and contents of this book it's so flexible that some of the concepts could be used elsewhere.

Compelling American Conversations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like clancy8's review? Post a comment saying so!
Hayley2-0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayley2-0.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hayley2-0 »

This book sounds very helpful for anyone thinking of moving to the states. Sometimes it can be hard to understand each other when you're new in a place.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book is useful for any English learner I think. I like the way the book makes people discuss about idioms. thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”