Review by meiafidaa_7 -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review by meiafidaa_7 -- How To Be Successful

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy is a motivational book, that's full of practical ways and advice on how to succeed in life, combined with interviews, life lessons, and true-life stories of some successful people like professional athletes, wealthy investors, inventors, expert negotiators, and even ex-convicts, who have turned entrepreneurs.

In the beginning, the book highlights the story of the author and how life was challenging for him. On top of that he has diabetes, he was diagnosed also with a brain tumor. The doctors assumed that he had just a few months to live, but because of his belief and positive attitude, his life hadn't stopped there. He fought, got healed, and became a successful businessman. Then the author interviews some leaders, asking them some interesting questions related to life and success, such as: "What is your definition of success?", "What steps do you take daily to improve?", "Tell me about a weakness or personal flaw, and what you're doing to overcome it?", "How do you push through your worst times?", "What advice would you give to your 18-year-old self?". Those are the questions that I liked the most, and was curious to know what will be the answer of every person.

I like how the author has presented various lessons all the way through the book's chapters, and different viewpoints, through the interviews with different successful leaders.
It was great to read about how different people succeeded in different ways, to know what they think about success and what is their advice to the people who want to succeed.
Also, I liked some topics like: "Don't Miss Your 'Orange Creamsicle'", "Reward Yourself", "Don't Let Talent Be Your Handicap" and "Develop Winning Habits". These topics taught me lessons like: one maybe will miss something good and lose people who can help him, if he has a bad attitude. Often, we are where we are at in life, because of our choices, decisions, and outlook on life. But failure isn't final. Failure builds character. Moreover, success is constant progress and you might as well, enjoy the process and celebrate every accomplishment.

In my opinion, there was nothing to dislike about this book, it has no vulgar words and was exceptionally edited, thus I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It was an amazing book and it changed my way of thinking regarding the meaning of success. I plan to reread it every now and then. It's really a treasure. Regardless of the few Bible verses, that were used to clarify some points that the author mentioned, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes reading self-improvement books and anyone who wants to lead a successful life. Whatever your religion is, you can still read and enjoy the benefits of what's written.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ahñ Mèiã
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Worth reading 👍👍
Ahñ Mèiã