Review by NicholetH -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholet Haumann
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 420
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholet-haumann.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by NicholetH -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Nicholet Haumann »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a Fiction novel about five incredible women. Sophie, Veronica, Amanda, and Rose go on a fly fishing trip as they often do. Whilst fishing in the river a girl named Melody falls naked in the water whilst taking some photos and these four women rescue her. Soon they teach Melody the art of fly fishing and become fast friends. These women are all very different in age and personality and in the lifestyles they live. This book is about how fly fishing can bring people close together. It’s about friendship and love and so much more.

A quote I loved from the book was: “I rolled down the windows in my truck to breathe in the crisp Colorado air. It smelled adventurous”. I could smell the pine and the fresh air and made me want to go out and enjoy the outdoors. I am very much an outdoorsy person.

I really loved this book. I liked the friendships and bonds they have with each other. I greatly enjoyed reading The Reel Sisters and finding out the histories of each character ad where they come from and what made them who they are. Michelle Cummings is an amazing storyteller. What I also liked is how the author describes how to fly fish. I enjoyed the little tips and tricks of fly fishing within the book. For me the characters were well-developed.

This book takes you on a journey of self-discovery and shows you also how important it is to have close friends in your life. And also shows the importance of having a hobby, for example, fly fishing. The Reel Sisters made me want to learn fly fishing.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. I could not put it down. There weren’t any grammatical and typographical errors in this book. I feel that this book was professionally edited. There were some profanities but they were not very harsh and did not deflect from the story.

Overall The Reel Sisters was a good and fascinating read. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed reading about fly fishing and to read about the close-knit friendships. This book made me emotional but in a good way. This book will be perfect for people who have a love for fly fishing and who also enjoys reading about friendship and love. This is most definitely a “feel good” book. I recommend this book to young and old alike. I want to congratulate the author on writing a brilliant book and would love to read more of her novels.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

Great review! I liked this book too, especially the outdoor scenes. I'd heard of fly fishing before, but never really knew what it was all about. Now I do.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

I too rated this book 4 star. I'm glad that you liked it as much as I did. Keep coming back, and thanks for the review.
Alena_Surya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alena-surya.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Alena_Surya »

Thanks for the review! Reading this book at the moment. I'm enjoying it too!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

It's so true! Having real friendships and a passion to follow are two of the most valuable things in life. And being able to connect with people that are different from you is very enriching.
Thank you for your great review!
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ronel_Steyn »

I loved this book as well. I absolutely loved the diversity of the characters and how they worked together. Thank you for your review.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I absolutely loved this book! It made me emotional, too. At one point I actually had tears running down my face. I liked how different the 5 women were, so it was easy to find a character to relate to.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”