intro

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
lisbetlustylox81
Bookshelf Size: 0

intro

Post by lisbetlustylox81 »

hello there! I am a 37 year old introverted woman. I wouldn't call myself a writer, as I have nothing published, but do aspire to be. I just got finished reading 9 and a half weeks. I noticed that people were saying how they got the book for free just for writing an honest review! I never hit a button so fast in my life! I am a writer first, a reader second, if that makes sense. I do believe I have the talent and unique voice to write my own book, but lack the college degrees to be an author. I write sloppy, I don't know how to properly form sentences and my sentences tend to lack proper structure. I have had quite a life though, and I do plan on writing a memoir. So i was happy to find out that this is also for writers, not just readers. I have basically spent the past five years of my life on facebook writing posts that could have added up to about three novels by now. such a shame, giving it away for free. the "talent" is what I mean by it. so I got off facebook and have promised myself this will be the year I finally get some discipline. It seems i'd much prefer to stare blankly at walls thinking about writing and crying over my sad lost love. but I am here now, not an established writer by any means, but , like all of us, want to write the most beautiful and lyrically penned story of all time. so much life I have lived in my mere 37 years on this planet, so much life that my hair is grey and my eyes are that of someone who has been to war. I have been to war, the war of life, the war of love, the war of finding myself and losing myself and regaining my identity. I do not have many friends, by choice. I am very introverted and suffered a massive traumatic brain injury from a failed suicide attempt. I am better now, didn't have much of a choice. I have said if we all had on and off switches I would have pressed my off switch at the tender age of seven, when my sadness first became the one and only companion who would prove to never leave my side. I have been heartbroken, survived multiple near death experiences, went to the brink of madness to a mind numbing void of a shell of a human being back to madness back to lethargy, and back again. my life is strange, as am I. I do believe we all have a story to tell, a story that makes us strange and unique and undoubtedly who we've become, I may still be trying to find my voice as a writer. or I may have found it already. lol. kind of hard when you have to be your own critic. well, I imagine I have exceeded all expectations on my introductory post, so I will stop rambling and press this submit button with a grain of salt and a pinch of confidence. I think we all have a story to tell, and I hope that we all have an audience who is willing to read our stories. I will be adding my picture after I post this, god knows I never do things in chronological order! thanks for reading and I guess ill leave it at that, for now!!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”