Checking in!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Drewboy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Checking in!

Post by Drewboy »

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 37/M from Louisville, Kentucky! I work for the post office here, and am always reading at work for (escapism). Since I've been reading so much lately, I decided I should join a book club. I never in a million years thought I would be the kind of guy to join this type of club.

I am a sports buff (mostly NFL), and constantly watching ESPN, or NFL Network. This should give you some idea of what type of guy I am. But I find reading very fascinating, and enjoy it immensley! I first started reading books when I was 10 or 11, when my mother introduced me to the 'Hardy Boys'.

I dont always read, but I tend to do it in spurts. Maybe by joining this club, I will dedicate more of my time. Its hard when you work and try to take care of a family, but its well worth the peace of mind that it brings.

Well that sums up m Intro! Hope to hear from some of you, and possibly trade books, or discuss them.

Thanks,

drew
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Welcome Drew!!! I'm sure you'll fit right in!
If you have any questions about the forums PM and just let me know!!!
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
andr70

Post by andr70 »

Hello, Drew! welcome to the community!
It's really great you've joined, hope you'll enjoy your stay!
:)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Drewboy wrote:Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 37/M from Louisville, Kentucky! I work for the post office here, and am always reading at work for (escapism). Since I've been reading so much lately, I decided I should join a book club. I never in a million years thought I would be the kind of guy to join this type of club.

I am a sports buff (mostly NFL), and constantly watching ESPN, or NFL Network. This should give you some idea of what type of guy I am. But I find reading very fascinating, and enjoy it immensley! I first started reading books when I was 10 or 11, when my mother introduced me to the 'Hardy Boys'.

I dont always read, but I tend to do it in spurts. Maybe by joining this club, I will dedicate more of my time. Its hard when you work and try to take care of a family, but its well worth the peace of mind that it brings.

Well that sums up m Intro! Hope to hear from some of you, and possibly trade books, or discuss them.

Thanks,

drew
Hi Drew and a big welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here :D
You only live once.....so live!

Return to “Introductions”