Wanted: New Poet for My Shelf

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
eleanorthereader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleanorthereader.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Wanted: New Poet for My Shelf

Post by eleanorthereader »

Hello! It's been a while since a poet has captured my heart. In the past year, my favorites have included Edwin Arlington Robinson, Alice Corbin Henderson, and Rainer Maria Rilke. Any recommendations for this picky reader?
agirlwhowrites
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by agirlwhowrites »

I don't if you've heard about this book called Children of Albion? It's an anthology of poetry, published in 1969, and it featured many underground poets. You might like it :)
eleanorthereader
Currently Reading:

agirlwhowrites wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 10:18 I don't if you've heard about this book called Children of Albion? It's an anthology of poetry, published in 1969, and it featured many underground poets. You might like it :)
Oooh! Sounds interesting! That's a time period I really like too! Thanks so much :)
Han26+
Currently Reading: The DC Comics Encyclopedia
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han26.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Han26+ »

I don’t know whether you would like Dylan Thomas? His poems are fluid, alliterative stream-of-consciousnesses. He also wrote a short poetic novel called Under Milk Wood.
eleanorthereader
Currently Reading:

Han26+ wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:38 I don’t know whether you would like Dylan Thomas? His poems are fluid, alliterative stream-of-consciousnesses. He also wrote a short poetic novel called Under Milk Wood.
How intriguing! Thank you :)
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

Pulling Petals by Becca Lee Poetry
Karmic Futurity by Jose Montano
Saturnian Tonsures by Brandon R. Burdette
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

eleanorthereader wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 00:35 Hello! It's been a while since a poet has captured my heart. In the past year, my favorites have included Edwin Arlington Robinson, Alice Corbin Henderson, and Rainer Maria Rilke. Any recommendations for this picky reader?
The last review I did was poetry. He is a great poet. His name is Mois Bennaroch. He touches on a wide variety of subjects and is very interesting.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”