Books with a main character named Bridget

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
minderosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minderosa.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Books with a main character named Bridget

Post by minderosa »

I know this may sound really wierd, but my husband and I have named our first 2 children after characters we liked in books. Our oldest was named after my favorite character in a children's book I loved as a kid and our youngest named after a prince in Roger Zelazny's Amber Chronicles. Well, I'm pregnant again and this time there is a pretty reasonable chance it's a girl, but his favorite girls name is Bridget, and I've never read a book with a character by that name. I really want to stick with the literary theme, but the only books I've been able to find about a Bridget are the Bridget Jones books. I love reading all genres, so I'd like to hear as many suggestions as possible so I can fall in love with the name as much as my husband has.
CG1103
Currently Reading: The Clouds Still Hang
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cg1103.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by CG1103 »

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books? I have not read them myself but I have wanted to. The years have gotten away from me. But I do believe there is a character named Bridgett in there.

There is a series, Bridgette Cash mystery series, by Trevor Douglas.

Another book called "Bridget: A New Australian" by J. Moloney.
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

Bridget by Gen Leroy. It's an old book, published in 1973, but I remember reading it as a child and loving it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the main character, Bridget, was based on the author's daughter.
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”