Asylum book suggestions

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
dixie998
Currently Reading: The Tombs
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dixie998.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Asylum book suggestions

Post by dixie998 »

I have already read the Asylum Series by Madeleine Roux and Nellie Bly's Ten Days in a Mad-House, and I would love some good book suggestions.

Thanks!!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

The best book that I have read since joining the onlinebookclub has to be The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. This is one book that I loved.
Chelsea N. Hackett
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

The Arrival by Shaun Tan. It's a picture book and it's incredible.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexislib.html
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

The classic in this genre, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Good book and good movie. I Never Promised You a Rose Garden. The Bell Jar.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

Hey not too long ago I heard about Nellie Bly's articles that became this book and I was like I want to read those, but never looked for them or anything. I just looked the book you mentioned up on amazon and it's free for Kindle so I grabbed it!

And I had never heard of the Asylum series, looks interesting! I may read that too. So I appreciate your post!

Have you ever watched any of the ghost hunting shows on cable? Many are on the Travel channel. The show Ghost Adventures frequently goes to asylums and I know they've gone to Brookline. They are very interesting and creepy. Also, the tv series American Horror's second season was about a journalist going undercover in an asylum; I only watched one or two episodes of it but if you haven't seen it you might want to check it out.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:

Post by AlexisLib »

I just looked at your profile pic; love it! Guessing it's in a library? I am currently reading The Girl who Knew Da Vinci. Looks like we have some interests in common!
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

The Great Pretender
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”