Recommendation for a light read

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Taylor Cielo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommendation for a light read

Post by Taylor Cielo »

I'm really looking for a light, relatively happy read! I love sort of slice-of-life stories that focus more on characters than heavy plots. I see so many stories that are good, but the plot twists are almost too much.
danopsy
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by danopsy »

why not have a go at Aluria, short and suspense filled with good story line.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Post by Eunice Geres »

I usually read light stories after a heavy series. I recommend The Hating Game if you're looking for a book to breathe in.
Disquisitive
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-disquisitive.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Disquisitive »

After reading too many dark or heavy books, I too was looking for a light read. You mentioned you'd like it to be a happy and fun read that doesn't need to have a bunch of complicated plot twists, so my recommendation for you is The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary. It is a delight to read and it is definitely a happy read. There are a couple of serious topics that come up during the course of the book, but it's a humorous and upbeat read that had me laughing out loud in some places.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

“The Hating Game” by Sally Thorne is light and funny read. Also, “I’ve Got Your Number” by Sophie Kinsella. Both have similar themes.
Gillian0215
Currently Reading: Update Status for Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gillian0215.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by Gillian0215 »

Disquisitive wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 16:04 After reading too many dark or heavy books, I too was looking for a light read. You mentioned you'd like it to be a happy and fun read that doesn't need to have a bunch of complicated plot twists, so my recommendation for you is The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary. It is a delight to read and it is definitely a happy read. There are a couple of serious topics that come up during the course of the book, but it's a humorous and upbeat read that had me laughing out loud in some places.
Thank you for sharing!
Varsha22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-varsha22.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Varsha22 »

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren is a light and breezy read.
It will make you happy enough to forget everything else around you.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”