Saving a Bright Mind

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Scarlet22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Saving a Bright Mind

Post by Scarlet22 »

I am stuck in a predicament. I have not been able to find a book that interests me. I have mainly read books regarding greek mythology or history. I have read a couple of mystery books, but have not had the connection with a book for quite some time. I really want to find a book that can spark my imagination. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

If you like Greek mithology, you're going to love "The Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller. It's one of my most favorite novels ever and I'm not even into mithology like that.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

The Physics of God for non novels
The Secret History for fiction
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Maria Esposito wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 16:37 If you like Greek mithology, you're going to love "The Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller. It's one of my most favorite novels ever and I'm not even into mithology like that.
It's the book I'm currently reading.
I'm obsessed with Greek and Roman mythology since I was 9, but I was hesitant to read it because I thought it's too popular for me.
When I read the first chapter, I couldn't put it down! I love writing style.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I don’t read Greek mythology. I am a heavy mystery/thriller/ suspense reader. If you are interested in trying some out- , some really good ones are Pearl River Mansion ( quite long but definitely worth the read), Sistrr of Mine by Laurie Petrou, The Hate You Give ( which is also a movie) by Angie Thomas, No Bad Deed by Heather Chavez, The Secret Mother by Shalini Boland I have so many other great one but don’t want to flood you with too many. Hope this helps and lmk if you end up trying any of those:)
Leanna Johnson 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Leanna Johnson 1 »

Maria Esposito wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 16:37 If you like Greek mithology, you're going to love "The Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller. It's one of my most favorite novels ever and I'm not even into mythology like that.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”