Any recommendation for magic realism genre ?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Icon Any recommendation for magic realism genre ?

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

Hi can anyone recommend me book with magic realism genre. I'm huge fan of Neil Gaiman. I loved his books like "Coraline" , "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" , "The Wolves in the Walls" (it's an graphic novel) , "The Sleeper and the Spindle" (it's an graphic novel too ) . I would love to get any recommendation similar to this kind of books. Xoxo :)
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

Well, I would say that you should check out Cecilia Ahern (Book of Tomorrow, If you could see me now, The Gift) and Alice Hoffman. I'm not sure if it will turn out to be exactly what you want, but these would be my favourites for magical realism genre.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Urvashi Tripathi wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 02:12 Hi can anyone recommend me book with magic realism genre. I'm huge fan of Neil Gaiman. I loved his books like "Coraline" , "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" , "The Wolves in the Walls" (it's an graphic novel) , "The Sleeper and the Spindle" (it's an graphic novel too ) . I would love to get any recommendation similar to this kind of books. Xoxo :)
The Ghost Tree by Brandon Faircloth
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=190956

This is excellent!
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Snigdha Pandey wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 11:07 Well, I would say that you should check out Cecilia Ahern (Book of Tomorrow, If you could see me now, The Gift) and Alice Hoffman. I'm not sure if it will turn out to be exactly what you want, but these would be my favourites for magical realism genre.
I really enjoyed reading PS. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern and loved her writing style. I would love to pick up this books you recommend by her. Thank you for stopping by Snigdha, your comment is really helpful. Keep supporting!!
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 11:45
Urvashi Tripathi wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 02:12 Hi can anyone recommend me book with magic realism genre. I'm huge fan of Neil Gaiman. I loved his books like "Coraline" , "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" , "The Wolves in the Walls" (it's an graphic novel) , "The Sleeper and the Spindle" (it's an graphic novel too ) . I would love to get any recommendation similar to this kind of books. Xoxo :)
The Ghost Tree by Brandon Faircloth

This is excellent!
I would love to pick up this book. Thank you for leaving comment and sharing your review link with it, it's really very helpful.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

If you haven’t yet, please check out; Children of blood and bone by Tomi Adeyemi. One of the most beautiful fantasy books I’ve read. A definitely rich and unconventional story, I’m sure you’d love it😊
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

you should check out 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Or any other book of that author only.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Isabel Allende
Both of these a monumental authors who wrote using magical realism. I could not recommend their work enough. One Hundred years of Solitude may be one of the greatest ever written.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”