Help Finding a Book

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Ebrown086
Bookshelf Size: 0

Help Finding a Book

Post by Ebrown086 »

Hello all,

I am posting to find a good, short novel for my Girlfriend to read. Her native language is not English, and she wants to learn to read better and had asked me to find a short fantasy novel for her to read. I would like your help finding something that is short, and not a dark fantasy. I will be reading the novel beforehand so that if she has any questions I can try to answer them. We both love reading, and she wants to develop her English skills better so that she can better understand the books that she sees in my bookshelf. I want to help, but I have a tendency to read books that have very complicated and complex plots that she has told me she doesn't understand.

For those of you who think I am being rude to her, or diminishing her intelligence in any way, I will tell you that she is waaaaayyyyyy smarter than I am. She is a doctor in her home country and I am just a manual laborer with a passion for books. So no, I am not diminishing her in any way, I am trying to find her a book she can enjoy within the parameters that she set for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

She can start with light novels.
Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Stelle might be good choices.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Ebrown086 wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 17:35 Hello all,

I am posting to find a good, short novel for my Girlfriend to read. Her native language is not English, and she wants to learn to read better and had asked me to find a short fantasy novel for her to read. I would like your help finding something that is short, and not a dark fantasy. I will be reading the novel beforehand so that if she has any questions I can try to answer them. We both love reading, and she wants to develop her English skills better so that she can better understand the books that she sees in my bookshelf. I want to help, but I have a tendency to read books that have very complicated and complex plots that she has told me she doesn't understand.

For those of you who think I am being rude to her, or diminishing her intelligence in any way, I will tell you that she is waaaaayyyyyy smarter than I am. She is a doctor in her home country and I am just a manual laborer with a passion for books. So no, I am not diminishing her in any way, I am trying to find her a book she can enjoy within the parameters that she set for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I think it's really sweet what you're doing for your girlfriend. I hope this helps, but I think Tamora Pierce books would be great for her. I read her Song of the Lioness series when I was a teenager and I still love it.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

I would recommend the classic Harry Potter Series. The plot is not extremely and overly complicated like other fantasy books and the premise is easy to pick up when you are reading it. The first few books aren’t that dark and are more lighter, shorter reads than the later books.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”