WANTED: Motivation, Fitness, Inspiration, Self-help...etc.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Dstaufderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dstaufderson.html
Latest Review: The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life by Dr Allen Lycka, Harriet Tinka

WANTED: Motivation, Fitness, Inspiration, Self-help...etc.

Post by Dstaufderson »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to reach out to this community to see if any readers had recommendations for non-fiction books (or audio books) focusing on any of the following topics: Motivation, positive self-talk, mental mastery, overcoming adversity, developing good habits, positive thinking specifically from a physical fitness/sporting view point. If the author has any military training would also be an added plus.

I have tackled a few that hit the mark:
Can't Hurt Me: Master your Mind and Defy Odds by David Goggins
Resilience by Eric Greitens
Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday

Any books similar to the 3 listed above would be ideal!

Thank-you so much for everyone's time! :D
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

I have never read the book about the life of Bethany Hamilton, but I have seen the movie and I think the book would definitely match your search descriptions! She lives in Hawaii and when surfing a shark bit off her arm. But she stayed positive and overcoming all odds she got back up again and is an amazing surfer (and now a wife and mom)!
-Thea M. Frederick
Josep22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josep22.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Josep22 »

I have just read The Secrets to a Fantastic Life. It has changed my perspective on life. I love the book, quite inspiring.
Dstaufderson
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life by Dr Allen Lycka, Harriet Tinka

Post by Dstaufderson »

Thea Frederick wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 22:57 I have never read the book about the life of Bethany Hamilton, but I have seen the movie and I think the book would definitely match your search descriptions! She lives in Hawaii and when surfing a shark bit off her arm. But she stayed positive and overcoming all odds she got back up again and is an amazing surfer (and now a wife and mom)!
Oh Yes! I have seen her on TV before. That is a great suggestion, I will look into her story for sure. Thank-you ! :D
Dstaufderson
Currently Reading:

Post by Dstaufderson »

Josep22 wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 10:34 I have just read The Secrets to a Fantastic Life. It has changed my perspective on life. I love the book, quite inspiring.
I actually just got my hands on this book and am about a 1/3 of the way in. So far I am really loving it as well! I am happy to hear it really worked for you! Thank-you for the recommendation!
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

Dstaufderson wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 10:30
Thea Frederick wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 22:57 I have never read the book about the life of Bethany Hamilton, but I have seen the movie and I think the book would definitely match your search descriptions! She lives in Hawaii and when surfing a shark bit off her arm. But she stayed positive and overcoming all odds she got back up again and is an amazing surfer (and now a wife and mom)!
Oh Yes! I have seen her on TV before. That is a great suggestion, I will look into her story for sure. Thank-you ! :D
Of course, glad I could help!
-Thea M. Frederick

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”