Which book would you recommend??

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Miss_Bennett91
Favorite Book: Wings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Icon Which book would you recommend??

Post by Miss_Bennett91 »

Hello!! I'm new to this "OnlineBookClub", just made my account today, and I'm having trouble trying to find a good book to read...Honestly, I like to read everything so please feel free to reply with the name of your favorite book with the author and I will check it out!

Thanks to anyone/everyone who reads this!

P.S. My most favorite book genres would have to be Fantasy and Horror.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

Welcome.
If you like fantasy I would recommend The Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab, it’s 3 books and has a wonderful way of pulling you in. Also We Are Voulhire by Matthew Tysz, I haven’t finished the series but the first 2 books are excellent. Hope this helps.
I’m unable to offer assistance with horror.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Alyssa wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 20:18 Welcome.
If you like fantasy I would recommend The Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab, it’s 3 books and has a wonderful way of pulling you in. Also We Are Voulhire by Matthew Tysz, I haven’t finished the series but the first 2 books are excellent. Hope this helps.
I’m unable to offer assistance with horror.
Shades of Magic is a beautiful series! Prosper's Demon is also a book that is somewhat dark fantasy, and its one I loved.
Anonymus
Currently Reading: A Year Of The Teacher
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Anonymus »

If you enjoy Fantasy/Dystopian, you would enjoy Keepers Of The Lost City! It has very immersive characters! It has a very fairytale-like feeling but reveals a dark side later on!
yearlynes
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by yearlynes »

For fantasy, I recommend Sabriel by Garth Nix, my favorite book. It's about a necromancer, but instead of trying to raise the dead, she tries to stop the dead from coming back to life. It's the first book in a series, but can definitely stand alone.
danicommissions
Currently Reading: The Solution is Political Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danicommissions.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by danicommissions »

I'm not that into fantasy, but my partner's really enjoying Erin Morgenstern's work at the moment - her novels are called The Night Circus and The Starless Sea. Less high-fantasy with dragons and stuff, more close-to-the-ground magic; The Night Circus is centred around a magical carnival, The Starless Sea involves a mysterious library and a secret underground world.
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

If you like fantasy then The Wheel of Time would be a great series for you! It's very exciting and interesting, I'm loving it so far!
-Thea M. Frederick
Brendafaye
Currently Reading: You Are Not Alone
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendafaye.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Brendafaye »

I read East Wind and liked it!
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

yearlynes wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 14:16 For fantasy, I recommend Sabriel by Garth Nix, my favorite book. It's about a necromancer, but instead of trying to raise the dead, she tries to stop the dead from coming back to life. It's the first book in a series, but can definitely stand alone.
Yes! My husband has this trilogy in one volume and I think between the two of us we have read it to death. We definitely need a new copy soon and I recommend it as well.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
Catie139
Currently Reading: Catena Aurea
Bookshelf Size: 12861
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catie139.html
Latest Review: The L.I.G.H.T. Seminar by Deacon Michael Wesley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catie139 »

I'm not normally a fan of fantasy. However, one book that I have gone to several times in the past number of years is The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. No matter how many times I read it, I find that I'm so caught up in the story that it's always a question of whether I'm reading this in a book, or if it's really happening to me. When I'm almost to the end I find myself not sure as to whether I should speed up to see what happens next, or to slow down so as to make the story linger.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

Strange the Dreamer duology is a good fantasy book. One of my favorite. It has a compelling storyline and complex characters and the writing was immensely beautiful.
Fire_KAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-kat.html
Latest Review: Go Forth from Where You Are by Tova Herman

Post by Fire_KAT »

I think a good fantasy book would be Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies. It's about a deer of a prophecy who saves his forest from a tyrant. It probably sounds like a little kid story but it's quite dark. I actually really love the villain. Admittedly, he's my favorite character despite the terrible things he does. I think that just means the author did his job well. In fact, I recommend his other books too. Hope this helps! Happy reading! :D
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

Hello! I am new here, too. So far I have reviewed 3 books. My first one is romance entitled, Noah by Gary Hope. It is a great book, if you also like a little bit of romance you can try this.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Miss_Bennett91 wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 01:48 Hello!! I'm new to this "OnlineBookClub", just made my account today, and I'm having trouble trying to find a good book to read...Honestly, I like to read everything so please feel free to reply with the name of your favorite book with the author and I will check it out!

Thanks to anyone/everyone who reads this!

P.S. My most favorite book genres would have to be Fantasy and Horror.
These are my top fantasy series:
The Daevabad trilogy by S. A. Chakraborty
Foolish Kingdoms series by Natalia Jaster
Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet
Daughters of Eville series by Chanda Hahn
Tainted Accords series by Kelly St. Clare
Desert Nights series by Helena Rookwood and Elm Vince
Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

All these series gave me a terrible book hangover and I cried after I finished them.
Tamika Chitwanga
Currently Reading: The Reason: How I Discovered a Life Worth Living
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamika-chitwanga.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Tamika Chitwanga »

Verity by Colleen Hoover was like discovering a rare gem. It's morbid and fascinating, genius and tragic all at once.
This suspense, thriller, drama is centred around Verity, a successful Crime/Horror author who suffers dire injuries after surviving a car accident.
A struggling co-author is appointed and invited into the home of the author. She enters into a house of horrors that makes her question her sanity and brings her worst fear to life.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”