Book recommendation

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Cqzi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book recommendation

Post by Cqzi »

Greedings, i will start my first post with a question, what books you guys recommend for someone who did not read any English books and want to improve knowledge about it, i dont read books often, i read some in my native language, the books was nudge by Richard H. Thaler, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, Whatever You Think, Think the Opposite by Paul Arden, i already knew everything from those books so was pretty bored. I dont know what i want to read, thats why i am posting here and i know reading books may be not the best thing for learning English but i will see that for myself :D
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I have two recommendations:

1) "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. It's the first English language book I've read and, though I was slow reading it because of the language barrier, it was the perfect introduction to reading in English for me. It's a rather short read, the story is captivating, and it's written from a child's perspective, which makes it easier to comprehend.

2) "The Hate you Give" by Angie Thomas. Again a rather short read, captivating story, and simple language is used. The best thing about this book is that it uses contemporary American English, and it will teach you a lot of youth lingo.

Another recommendation is, if possible, to use an e-reader while reading English books. Most e-readers have an incorporated dictionary that allows you to look up the meaning of words/phrases on the device itself. This will make the reading experience smoother :)

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”