Suggestions for historical fantasy?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
MBW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Suggestions for historical fantasy?

Post by MBW »

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for recommendations to add to my reading list. I really enjoy historical fiction, particularly about royalty. I’m a little bit of a Tudor-era nerd, but prefer educated fiction telling rather than reading stiff nonfiction facts. I’ve read most works by Jean Plaidy, Alison Weir, and Philippa Gregory. I’m also interested in fantasy reads set in castles with balls and all of that frilly princess stuff 😉 For example I enjoyed A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Selection, Three Dark Crowns, Throne of Glass.

Thank you!
books_andpoetri
Currently Reading: The Most Fun We Ever Had
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetri.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by books_andpoetri »

You can try reading A Flame Through Eternity by Anna Belfrage. It was such a good book, in my opinion.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”