Favorite series?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
books_andpoetrii
Currently Reading: Crazy Rich Asians
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetrii.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Favorite series?

Post by books_andpoetrii »

Looking for recommendations. :lol: Drop your favorites here and please add the author and tell me something about the series also. :tiphat:
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

Read several books about King Arthur through my 53 years and always thought it a total bore. Zzzzzz
Until I came across the Pendragon series by Stephen Lawhead. I read the first book in the series, Taliesin and was almost finished before I even realized he was Merlin's dad. This is not your usual Arthur series. And Lawhead has the awards to prove it.

But I caution you. This series is 6 books deep and nothing is repetitive. So when you are finished you feel you have lost a family because the characters are so real and three dimensional. I've read the entire series 6 times and there is no way to even pick a favourite book! Hope you can live without your job because once you start the first book you will be phoning in sick to spend your days at home reading.
Have I convinced you or scared you away?!
Laura-Lee
Follow link to get started

https://www.amazon.com/Taliesin-Book-On ... ext&sr=1-3
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

Once you've read the first, Taliesin, you will be buying them all. The cheapest way is to get all them as a set. You can skip the last one called, Avalon. You'll probably want to read it at some point but it's only a 3 star when I would give all the previous Pendragon books 4 out of 4 stars. That's perfection. Believe me very few books in my life have ever got a perfect score.
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

I really loved the "To all the boys I've loved before" by Jenny Han. I'd watched the netflix movie and then bought the books expecting another terrible fanfiction. I actually really enjoyed the entire series! It was relatable, realistic, and the main character actually made decisions based on her thoughts - really representative of American high school IMO.
AstridZ08
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astridz08.html
Latest Review: Fearless Thinking, Stress-Free Living, Guaranteed (Almost) by Purandar A. Amin

Post by AstridZ08 »

My first series and favorite one are "Tiger's Curse"

This one is a romance between an ordinary girl and an Indian prince who was cursed in a tiger body. The writer has powerful skills and she writes about Indian folks and mysteries. I really love it!
Eclipse12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclipse12.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Eclipse12 »

My absolute favorites include Diane Duane’s Young Wizards books. Chronicling the modern take on wizardry and adventure, it follows a group of teenagers through trials of growing up and adapting to new responsibility while learning to wield magic. Right now I own nine out of ten, I believe, and enjoy them immensely. They won’t make sense if you aren’t reading them in order.

In line with Arthurian novels, I can recommend Marion Zimmer Bradley’s series, beginning with “The Forest House” and “Lady of Avalon”. They’re on the heavy side, but have an interesting take on the Arthurian legend, looking at things from a different point of view than Arthur’s or Taliesin’s. I have enjoyed them myself and look forward to finishing them, as I could only find a number of books. Maybe one day soon, I’ll hunt down the rest of them!
Ben Moore
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: The Diary of Samuel Pepys, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-moore.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Ben Moore »

I can vouch for the Pendragon series mentioned above. It’s incredible!

I’d also recommend the Elenium trilogy by David Eddings. Good, fun fantasy and not too hefty. Eddings had a very distinctive, laid back style but his books are really gripping! I enjoy revisiting them often!
'All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling' - Oscar Wilde
'Am reading more Oscar Wilde. What a tiresome, affected sod' - Noël Coward
FrancinelovesYA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by FrancinelovesYA »

I recommend The Throne Of Glass Series. I finished the last book, Kingdom Of Ash, and I spent all of this year reading them. I have to say it is one of the best or best series I have ever read. Twilight still holds a special place in my heart, though. The first Book, Throne of Glass starts with a young female assassin named Celana Sardothien. She is led by Guards to the Prince. She is advised she will train, and work among others to be The Kings Champion. If she wins, she will have her freedom, from working in the Salt Mines of Endovier. I went into the first book, thinking I wouldn’t understand high fantasy. Let’s just say, after she talked to The Prince, I was hooked. After I read Throne Of Glass, I was scurrying to the library to get the second Crown of Midnight. They are all so good, and as the series progresses, just want to let you know they are long reads. A lot of pages, Mainly the last book. But every book, you will get sucked into the plot, you will care about every character you come across and be fascinated. I definitely was. I hope this helps.
FrancinelovesYA

Post by FrancinelovesYA »

Oops, I didn’t tell you the Author.
Sarah J. Maas writes Throne Of Glass Series.
justjim
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Trying to Save Piggy Sneed
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjim.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by justjim »

My favorite series is The Crum Trilogy by Lee Maynard.
"Never memorize something that you can look up." Albert Einstein
Sam_Hamster

Post by Sam_Hamster »

I recommend Percy Jackson and the Olympians series as well as the Heroes of Olympus series. There are 5 books in each series so it's 10 books deep. Written by Rick Riordan. It's a great series! I can't summarize the whole series since it's very long but it's basically about demigods, gods, goddesses and other stuff related to both Greek and Roman mythology. It's a rollercoaster! Filled with action, humor, and romance as well. I hope you read it
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

My absolute favorite is the Kingkiller Chronicles series. The only real downside is that there are currently only 2 books in it, and we have been waiting about 10 years for the conclusion.
SenSen
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sensen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by SenSen »

My favorite series is The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I love when things are not what they seem and that is basically a theme of this series. The great thing is that a companion series, The Dreamer Trilogy is being written, with the first book already out.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A Series of Unfortunate Events is one of my favorite!! I haven’t met a lot of people who have read this series but this is good. Basically it’s comprised of 13 books and it sounds long, but you’ll never really notice once you get into the story. From the book cover to the way it was written it looks like a children’s book but the story in it is actually morally-serious and thought-provoking. It’s worth checking out!
Varsha22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-varsha22.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Varsha22 »

The folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black is perfect.
I have personally never read a series where the ending left me a 100% satisfied. Except of course this one.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”