Legal fiction

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Legal fiction

Post by Chirlerona »

I am a huge fan of John Grisham's books. Corporate lawyers getting involved in criminal cases, solicitors finding themselves in the middle of criminal investigations, law students or newly qualified lawyers being thrown in at the deep end. Can anyone recommend any other authors writing in the same style and genre, please? Doesn't have to be criminal, it can be about serious fraud or a significant commercial dispute, but should definitely focus on the legal aspect of it. Nobody else stood out for me yet.

P.S. I also love series "Suits" and wish there was a book with the similar storyline :)
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

Hey!

You should check out “Juror No.3” by James Patterson.

I absolutely loved the whole book and it’s so expertly researched - he always co-writes with a consultant in the appropriate field
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:

Post by Chirlerona »

Thank you! I have looked it up and it feels right up my street😊 I have always thought of James Patterson as the author of action thrillers, but without any legal incline. Looking forwards to read it 👩🏫
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

If you’d also like to read legal non-fiction, “The Secret Barrister” is an amazing insight into the world of the UK’s criminal justice system.

Glad you liked the sound of Juror No.3!
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:

Post by Chirlerona »

Fab, I am interested in both fiction and non-fiction legal literature. Thank you for the recommendation, my list is growing!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”