Recommendation of books for teen agers

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Henga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommendation of books for teen agers

Post by Henga » 09 Aug 2019, 11:45

Hi there! I bought The House of Night is a thrilling book for my teen aged son. Now I am looking for other books like that one for my son to Explore Life through Literature. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

ashley31606
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ashley31606 » 13 Aug 2019, 17:58

I might be able to help. Could you tell me who The House of Night is by? I'd like to research it and see if I know any books like it.

Browneh
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 34
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh » 02 Sep 2019, 13:05

The GONE series by Michael Grant is an excellent teen-age book series in my opinion. The series (6 books in total, around 400 pages each) follows our protagonist Sam, and his 'friends' as everyone over the age of 15 disappears. It deals with leadership, the difficulties and dynamics of different relationships during hardship, and a little hint of romance - with plenty of action!

Another book I could recommend would be One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus. It was sitting on my shelves for the best part of a year before I decided to pick it up, and it was such a mistake! I should have read it the second I got it. An amazing mystery and thriller. 5 kids walk into afterschool detention, but only 4 come out alive. Perhaps it would be interesting for him to try to figure out who did it before the novel ends!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”