If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 03:52
- 2019 Reading Goal: 100
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 89
- Currently Reading: Lady Chatterley's Lover
- Bookshelf Size: 149
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spiritphoenix.html
- Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
However, I'd like to read more stories about this era, preferably personal stories rather than academic texts, but I've found mixed reviews about other works.
Anyone in this community who can give me very honest recommendations?
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 27 Jul 2019, 20:23
- Bookshelf Size: 0
Just to let you know, though, Night is intense, not just in its descriptions of suffering, but in the views of suffering of others. Not just by the perpetrators, but by the victims themselves. It's interesting how they describe seeing "the face of God".
It did make me feel very overwhelmed.
It's a great book, though. Something that should definitely be read.
If you don't mind me asking, what works did you find mixed reviews of?
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 21 Jul 2019, 14:12
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 130
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah39.html
- Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
- Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Synopsis: After losing her family and everything she knew in the Nazi concentration camps, Gerta is finally liberated, only to find herself completely alone. Without her papa, her music, or even her true identity, she must move past the task of surviving and on to living her life. In the displaced persons camp where she is staying, Gerta meets Lev, a fellow teen survivor who she just might be falling for, despite her feelings for someone else. With a newfound Jewish identity she never knew she had, and a return to the life of music she thought she lost forever, Gerta must choose how to build a new future.
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 11:47
- Currently Reading: Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
- Bookshelf Size: 11
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 08 Jun 2019, 16:12
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 53
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
- Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
- Posts: 325
- Joined: 23 Nov 2019, 13:04
- Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
- Bookshelf Size: 401
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espo.html
- Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 07 Nov 2019, 08:12
- 2019 Reading Goal: 3
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Currently Reading: Little Women
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
- Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
"Hate is nothing and love is everything." -Henry Golde