Mystery Books Without Profanity?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Mystery Books Without Profanity?

Post by Choine »

Hello all! I’m looking for some good mystery/crime books without profanity. It’s hard to find those unless they’re in the YA or children’s section. Any suggestions?
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Haven't noticed that before but you're right. Off the top of my head, I can suggest The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin and yes it's a YA book. That said, it's an interesting read and falls into the mystery category. Outside of classics, I haven't come across many with light use of profanity; nor graphic material for that matter. I would suggest Relic by Preston/Child but I'm not sure if that counts as a mystery - very light use of foul language, not so much with graphic descriptions.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Would be interested in what people say. I have not seen one, especially one written in the first person that was completely clean.
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

I might have something. C. Hope Clark is an author I just discovered and from what I'm seeing she's pretty light with the colorful language; granted the first word was found on page 3 of the current book I'm reading (Murder on Edisto).

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”