High School/College age romance

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Jessicook83
Bookshelf Size: 0

High School/College age romance

Post by Jessicook83 » 03 Jun 2019, 18:28

Looking for some new reads. Romance about high school and/or college age. I am a fan of hate to love, brothers best friend, friends to lovers, etc. Some of my favorites are Bully and follow ups by Penelope Douglas, Love and Skate by Lila Felix, Marked Men series by Jay Crown over, Until series by Aurora Rose Reynolds, Ella and Micha series by Jessica Sorenson, among others. Past abuse, angst, depression, tainted past, etc are all things I like as well.

Springerspaniels10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Springerspaniels10 » 14 Jun 2019, 02:05

Beautiful disaster [more complicated or tainted past]
Chasing love series [very steamy/sensual]

KatiesReading
Currently Reading: Strange the Dreamer
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by KatiesReading » 14 Aug 2019, 09:27

Easy by Tamara Webber
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Browneh
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 34
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh » 02 Sep 2019, 12:58

So this is a bit of an odd option but Generation Dead by Daniel Waters is unlike any other high school romance fiction I've ever read. It's a trilogy series - Kiss of Life (2nd book), Passing Strange (3rd book).

A short synopsis would be that certain teenagers in the US are coming back to life, they're unlike any classical 'zombie' you've ever met. They can read, write, move, talk - just at a much slower rate than the 'alives'. The ending is a massive cliffhanger (first book), and I personally can't wait to read the rest.

A more traditional example would probably be the To all the boys I've loved before series by Jenny Han. Not so much a complicated, love-to-hate relationship, but it definitely has a lot of drama - it's also a netflix movie!

Return to ‚ÄúPersonalized Reading Recommendations‚ÄĚ