Books like Vampire Academy

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
onemorechap
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onemorechap.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B014GCG150

Books like Vampire Academy

Post by onemorechap »

I definitely loved the Vampire Academy series. It's not that I am a bog fan of Vampires, on the contrary I believe that the reason why I loved this series isbecause Vampirism wasn't always on the centre of attention in these books. I loved the magic, the plot twists, the romace and the mystery, and of course I loved Dimitri! I have now started reading Bloodlines, but I'm 20% in and i feel it is slow for now. So what would you suggest for someone like me :romance-heart: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating:
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

Have you tried the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris? The TV series True Blood is based on the novels. It does involve vampires, but there are plenty of other supernatural beings in the novels. I don't want to give you any spoilers though, so I won't say too much!
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast! I read it the same time I read Vampire Academy.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
onemorechap

Post by onemorechap »

Thank you both! I still don't know how to answer straight on your comments, I'm new here, but I'm grateful for the recs! ♥
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

onemorechap wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 05:48 Thank you both! I still don't know how to answer straight on your comments, I'm new here, but I'm grateful for the recs! ♥
You're welcome! Hit the quotation mark button in the upper right corner and it will quote the writer for you :)
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
onemorechap

Post by onemorechap »

Letora wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 08:06
onemorechap wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 05:48 Thank you both! I still don't know how to answer straight on your comments, I'm new here, but I'm grateful for the recs! ♥
You're welcome! Hit the quotation mark button in the upper right corner and it will quote the writer for you :)
Aaaaw thank you so much!!!!! :D :D :D :D
DinaMaribu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DinaMaribu »

If you like the vampire academy. You will like the hush, hush, hush series. It’s not with vampires, but angels. I think you may also like the fallen series😉😝
Thebookwasbetter12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookwasbetter12.html
Latest Review: Head Trauma by Cheray Gardison

Post by Thebookwasbetter12 »

Twilight, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight! This series tells the enchanting and nearly impossible tale of how a teenage human girl falls in love with a vampire boy. All four books are equally phenomenal and have claimed the throne as my absolute favorite series! If you enjoyed Vampire Academy, then the Twilight series has to be next on your list!
KatiesReading
Currently Reading: Strange the Dreamer
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by KatiesReading »

Not vampires as such, but the series I read after Vampire Academy was Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins? Really enjoyed them!
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

A couple of suggestions...

The night world is an excellent series of everything supernatural, changing between perspectives and giving you an overview of the whole world.

The GONE series by Michael Grant is one of the best book series I have read in a long time! Completely addictive, it follows the story of Sam and his ‘friends’ as everyone over the age of 15 vanishes... and some children develop unlikely powers.
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

Browneh wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 14:18 A couple of suggestions...

The night world is an excellent series of everything supernatural, changing between perspectives and giving you an overview of the whole world.

The GONE series by Michael Grant is one of the best book series I have read in a long time! Completely addictive, it follows the story of Sam and his ‘friends’ as everyone over the age of 15 vanishes... and some children develop unlikely powers.
I LOVED the Night World series! The only question is, when or if the last book in the series will come out?
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I also recommend the House Of Night. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it is quite similar to the Vampire Academy.
Wolf4416
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolf4416.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by Wolf4416 »

I definitely recommend the House of Night series as well. And maybe the Chicagoland Vampires.
Rachel Kubus
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Currently Reading: Soundless
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-kubus.html
Latest Review: Acts of Hope by Martin Elsant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 782

Post by Rachel Kubus »

“The Vampire Diaries” by L.J. Smith
But also if you are interested in trying something supernatural, but also not all focused on that aspect, I recommend the “Shatter Me” series by Tahereh Mafi. I’m loving it right now!
AdrianaNunez
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by AdrianaNunez »

I started reading it, but I left it in the middle and didn't finish it, I really appreciate your recommendation because it motivated me to finish it.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”