Keep me occupied!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
SarahJane88
Bookshelf Size: 0

Keep me occupied!

Post by SarahJane88 »

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and looking for some reading recommendations. I'm currently off work after a skiing accident where I've cleverly managed to fracture not one but two arms!

One week in and daytime TV is already driving my slightly doolally, so I could do with getting lost in a few good books.

I love to read but rarely find the time unless it's on holiday or a lazy Sunday, so I'm taking this opportunity to read as a silver lining--theres not a fat lot you can do with no arms!

I usually read thrillers and crime fiction, and love a bit of chick lit too (I'm a sucker for a love story). I like a book that grabs you and sucks you in from chapter one, and characters that you can properly relate to.

Look forward to hearing your recommendations.

Thanks
SJ
greenmichellep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenmichellep.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by greenmichellep »

Hmmm have you ever read any Sophie Kinsella? I'm not a huge chick lit person but her books are funny and her characters are so great.
finebunchofnothing
Currently Reading: The Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finebunchofnothing.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by finebunchofnothing »

First of all, I wish you a fast recovery! Even though it's great to have some time to read, health always comes first.
As for the book recommendations, have you read anything by Sarah Jio? She's excellent at writing love stories with a slight twist and her characters are always interesting and relatable.
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

Two of my favorite books are The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich and Hate List by Jennifer Brown. The Dead House is kind of like a psychological and supernatural thriller. Hate List is realistic fiction focused on teens involved in a high school shooting. I hope you find the perfect book soon! Enjoy!
ayomie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomie.html
Latest Review: Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease by Lisa Heather Torbert

Post by ayomie »

You might want something for your health as well. You could try the book, Health Tips, Myths and Tricks.
“I have experienced many times
since then that I don’t always have
to prove I’m right to win at the
game of life."
Rob White
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

I highly recommend the Peace Novella Series. It is by a number of different authors, but each book takes place in a fictional small town in the mid-west. Each story has some element of love and romance and it's amazing how the authors string together their books. However, I believe the books can be read in any order (though, there is a recommended reading order based on publishing date) and I believe each book can be a stand alone. It's a great way to find some new authors to check out, too.
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

The Fire Inside Us by Mylisa Anderson. It's a mystery-romance and might keep you busy for a couple of days.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

Final Notice by Van Fleisher has to do with crime and gun control. It really makes you think. I reviewed it recently and couldn't stop reading it once I got started!
luz0928
Currently Reading: World Without End
Bookshelf Size: 443
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luz0928.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by luz0928 »

I hope you recover soon! when I was sick last year, I read "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruíz Zafón, and it was great! I'm waiting to get my hands on the next book of the series.

Other entertaining books are "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet, "The Time in Between" by María Dueñas.

Everything by Agatha Christie and Isaac Asimov too!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”