Indigenous, shamans, plant medicine

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
linagitana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Indigenous, shamans, plant medicine

Post by linagitana »

I'd love some recommendations for books with any kind of tribal people, their ways of life, history, belief systems, stories, plant medicine, ceremonies, shamans etc. Fiction or interesting (alternative? not textbook-style) non-fiction. Thank you
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

Woman Who Glows in the Dark by Elena Avila. The author talks about her personal journey becoming a Curandera, I highly recommend!
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

Woman Who Glows in the Dark by Elena Avila. The author is a nurse who feels drawn to this indigenous healing practice, and eventually leaves her profession to pursue Curanderismo full time. I highly recommend this book, there is not nearly enough accurate (and interesting) information out there about the history and spirituality of Curanderismo.
ElizaPeaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by ElizaPeaks »

Check out Heart Berries by Terese Marie Mailhot! It's a memoir, and Mailhot often reflects on her experience living in a reservation as well as how her heritage has impacted her life. It's not for the faint of heart, though; she highlights the ugliest parts of herself and her experience as a Native American.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”