Which book would you recommend??

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Miss_Bennett91
Favorite Book: Wings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Which book would you recommend??

Post by Miss_Bennett91 »

Hello!! I'm new to this "OnlineBookClub", just made my account today, and I'm having trouble trying to find a good book to read...Honestly, I like to read everything so please feel free to reply with the name of your favorite book with the author and I will check it out!

Thanks to anyone/everyone who reads this!

P.S. My most favorite book genres would have to be Fantasy and Horror.

Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

Welcome.
If you like fantasy I would recommend The Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab, it’s 3 books and has a wonderful way of pulling you in. Also We Are Voulhire by Matthew Tysz, I haven’t finished the series but the first 2 books are excellent. Hope this helps.
I’m unable to offer assistance with horror.

sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Alyssa wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 20:18
Welcome.
If you like fantasy I would recommend The Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab, it’s 3 books and has a wonderful way of pulling you in. Also We Are Voulhire by Matthew Tysz, I haven’t finished the series but the first 2 books are excellent. Hope this helps.
I’m unable to offer assistance with horror.
Shades of Magic is a beautiful series! Prosper's Demon is also a book that is somewhat dark fantasy, and its one I loved.

Anonymus
Currently Reading: A Year Of The Teacher
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Anonymus »

If you enjoy Fantasy/Dystopian, you would enjoy Keepers Of The Lost City! It has very immersive characters! It has a very fairytale-like feeling but reveals a dark side later on!

yearlynes
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by yearlynes »

For fantasy, I recommend Sabriel by Garth Nix, my favorite book. It's about a necromancer, but instead of trying to raise the dead, she tries to stop the dead from coming back to life. It's the first book in a series, but can definitely stand alone.

danicommissions
Currently Reading: The Solution is Political Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danicommissions.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by danicommissions »

I'm not that into fantasy, but my partner's really enjoying Erin Morgenstern's work at the moment - her novels are called The Night Circus and The Starless Sea. Less high-fantasy with dragons and stuff, more close-to-the-ground magic; The Night Circus is centred around a magical carnival, The Starless Sea involves a mysterious library and a secret underground world.

Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Thea Frederick »

If you like fantasy then The Wheel of Time would be a great series for you! It's very exciting and interesting, I'm loving it so far!
-Thea M. Frederick

Brendafaye
Currently Reading: You Are Not Alone
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendafaye.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Brendafaye »

I read East Wind and liked it!

Amanda Newton
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-newton.html
Latest Review: Look Who’s At The Beach: What Do I See? by Phyllis M. Monaco

Post by Amanda Newton »

yearlynes wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 14:16
For fantasy, I recommend Sabriel by Garth Nix, my favorite book. It's about a necromancer, but instead of trying to raise the dead, she tries to stop the dead from coming back to life. It's the first book in a series, but can definitely stand alone.
Yes! My husband has this trilogy in one volume and I think between the two of us we have read it to death. We definitely need a new copy soon and I recommend it as well.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”

Catie139
Currently Reading: Finding Isogonal Ranch
Bookshelf Size: 6728
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catie139.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catie139 »

I'm not normally a fan of fantasy. However, one book that I have gone to several times in the past number of years is The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. No matter how many times I read it, I find that I'm so caught up in the story that it's always a question of whether I'm reading this in a book, or if it's really happening to me. When I'm almost to the end I find myself not sure as to whether I should speed up to see what happens next, or to slow down so as to make the story linger.

lavenderbooks20
Currently Reading: Everyday Sexism
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

Strange the Dreamer duology is a good fantasy book. One of my favorite. It has a compelling storyline and complex characters and the writing was immensely beautiful.

Fire_KAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-kat.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Fire_KAT »

I think a good fantasy book would be Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies. It's about a deer of a prophecy who saves his forest from a tyrant. It probably sounds like a little kid story but it's quite dark. I actually really love the villain. Admittedly, he's my favorite character despite the terrible things he does. I think that just means the author did his job well. In fact, I recommend his other books too. Hope this helps! Happy reading! :D

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”