Hereditary

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
MsLisa
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mslisa.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Hereditary

Post by MsLisa »

What's your opinion about the movie Hereditary? I was highly anticipating it but when it got here...I didn't know how to feel. It was interesting no doubt but it left me uneasy.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I didn't watch it because my friend recommended me not to. She was not impressed with it so I decided to skip it.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

I found it highly upsetting! I don’t want to give any spoilers for future readers, but the one death (in the car) upset me so much! I think about it when I drive sometimes...
Darrell Ingrum
Currently Reading: The Bounty Hunters
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darrell-ingrum.html
Latest Review: Diamonds of Devil's Tail by A.W. Baldwin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Darrell Ingrum »

MsLisa wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 18:41 It was interesting no doubt but it left me uneasy.
Inge van Tonder wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 08:24 I found it highly upsetting!
I think it's pretty funny that you both are like it made me uneasy; it was upsetting. Uhhh...yeah...it's one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen, if not the absolute most disturbing ever, but because of that, I consider it a masterpiece. It is so freaking awesome!

A funny story about this movie: it came out on Netflix, and I had no idea what to expect. Since I was impressed from the beginning by its oppressive mood and incredible cinematography, I told my wife, "Hey, come watch this movie with me; it's not scary." She adamantly dislikes scary movies, so I assured her it didn't seem very scary at all. (hehe)

And it wasn't, right? Throughout most of the movie, it was primarily a touching film about a surprising death and mourning. So she watched it with me. Then...wham...it took that amazing turn at the end. And holy crap, it was freaking scary :o!

Needless to say, that was the last time my wife watched a movie with me without prior research, and I'll probably never be forgiven.

-D
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

Whahahahaha, that’s so evil!
Darrell Ingrum
Currently Reading: The Bounty Hunters
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darrell-ingrum.html
Latest Review: Diamonds of Devil's Tail by A.W. Baldwin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Darrell Ingrum »

Inge van Tonder wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 10:31 Whahahahaha, that’s so evil!
lol! I really didn't do it on purpose; I thought the movie didn't seem that scary until the end. Have you seen it? It is ironic that the only scary movie I'd convinced her to watch in several years was the worst! I personally love horror movies and books, though. I'm reading The Hollower right now, in fact, by Mary SanGiavanni, and it's so good.

-D.
Mishkah Simons DeVos
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishkah-simons-devos.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Mishkah Simons DeVos »

It was an interesting watch, yet okay... I can always appreciate the mystery and plot twists in a thriller/horror.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

The last time I saw this film was two years ago. It was terrifying, fascinating, and breathtaking all at the same time. I was caught off guard by the kid whose head had been cut. I, too, felt uneasy for a few days, and that scene lingered for a long time.
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Jonté Joy »

I felt the same way about the movie. I was excited to see it when I saw the trailer, but once it came out, I don't know; it felt like there was just something..... missing.

Return to “Films and Books”