Lord of the Rings TV Show

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
chrislove1984
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Lord of the Rings TV Show

Post by chrislove1984 »

I'm so looking forward to this show. After Game of Thrones, the bar is set high and they know it. It's going to be epic.
HannahMonaghan
Currently Reading: The Jungle
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by HannahMonaghan »

I am also on the fence. If they spend as much time on each episode and the clothing and sets as they did for the original trilogy, I think it won't be too bad. I'm just nervous that they will give it half the effort they should (like certain scenes in The Hobbit, mind you) and it will be a flop compared to the original trilogy.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

It's 2019 and I did not know about this! It is so cool, I am really excited about watching it!
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

There's to be a new series? How did I not know this?? I agree with you about the books and films. The crew is definitely going to have a lot of pressure and expectation riding on their shoulders. I really hope they delve into the background of the characters and the story more so than the films. Looking forward to it.
brttnybest
Currently Reading: Children of Time
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by brttnybest »

I'm definitely going to watch it but I'm also on the fence about whether it will live up to expectations. I heard it's supposed to take place many years before the events on LOTR so it won't have any of those characters. I'm hoping it'll have Beren and Luthien in it with other stories from The Silmarillion.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I am excited about this! It will be hard to outdo the cast of Peter Jackson's movies but I plan on watching it!

Return to “Films and Books”