New zombie television series on AMC, The Walking Dead

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Re: New zombie television series on AMC, The Walking Dead

Post by NetMassimo »

Hey, there are still people watching this show! I admit I watch it for laughs as the most common plot is about people dying in stupid ways. :mrgreen:
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sonnyboy34
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sonnyboy34 »

Well I used to watch this show every week and was so addicted to it.I am a zombie fanatic,The original Dawn of the Dead is where it all began and where I fell in love with Zombies. So I haven’t watched any walking dead episodes since Glenn got killed... for whatever reason it shook me up real good and just can’t .Plus the show turned from zombies to gang wars.... not interested at all anymore. Hey but I’ll talk about any zombie flick .....
breannan2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by breannan2 »

The Walking Dead is an AMC original series about the zombie apocalypse, which comes on every Sunday at 9:00. I've been a fan of the show since the premiere back in 2010. It is an outstanding tv show that will put you on the edge of your seats. If you do not have cable it is available on Netflix, although new episodes will not be available until the day after it comes on cable tv. That, in my opinion, isn't all that great because some people who are fans of the show cannot watch new episodes the night they are shown. But overall it is a good show to watch and I myself highly recommend it to anyone who is unaware of the show. :D
Empan16
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by Empan16 »

The show is still running if anyone was wondering! Best season yet! If you need a show to watch, definitely give this one a try! I will say the first couple of seasons aren't the greatest thing in the world, but many TV series are like that! I would 100% recommend this show!
Empan16

Post by Empan16 »

Sonnyboy34 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 01:42 Well I used to watch this show every week and was so addicted to it.I am a zombie fanatic,The original Dawn of the Dead is where it all began and where I fell in love with Zombies. So I haven’t watched any walking dead episodes since Glenn got killed... for whatever reason it shook me up real good and just can’t .Plus the show turned from zombies to gang wars.... not interested at all anymore. Hey but I’ll talk about any zombie flick .....
I think what's interesting about the show is that it portrays an apocalyptic life in a more realistic way. I think after the initial shock factor of having to live with zombies for a few years passes, the real enemy would become the different groups of people that were formed. They did lose sight of the zombie portion of the show when Negan rolled around, but now, I feel like they wrapped zombies in a little more. I guess it just comes down to what you like lol!
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

For those of you who gave up after season 8 like me, season 9 is great! The new characters are great and more Darryl is a good thing, which I wasn’t sure at first. For those who haven’t read the comics, I can’t recommend them enough, but I must admit finding myself comparing the two too much. Now I have to catch on season 10!
Empan16

Post by Empan16 »

habsfan212 wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 20:54 For those of you who gave up after season 8 like me, season 9 is great! The new characters are great and more Darryl is a good thing, which I wasn’t sure at first. For those who haven’t read the comics, I can’t recommend them enough, but I must admit finding myself comparing the two too much. Now I have to catch on season 10!
I tried reading the comics a few years ago and found that I was comparing them to the show too! I may give them another try if my library has them!
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Doing worse than season 8 would be difficult. :twisted: Seriously, season 9 is an improvement, still I'm under the impression that they're relying too much on killing characters who leave replacements that are not really interesting.
Massimo
habsfan212
Currently Reading:

Post by habsfan212 »

NetMassimo wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 07:40 Doing worse than season 8 would be difficult. :twisted: Seriously, season 9 is an improvement, still I'm under the impression that they're relying too much on killing characters who leave replacements that are not really interesting.
I agree. I guess that’s the problem when an actor’s contract expire. They don’t really have the choice about who is gonna die. I am really bummed about Danai Gurira leaving. I must say that’s not cool getting the news in advance that the actor is leaving. Now, it’s not a surprise anymore, we are just wondering if they are gonna killed or tossed away.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:

Post by habsfan212 »

Empan16 wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 09:26
habsfan212 wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 20:54 For those of you who gave up after season 8 like me, season 9 is great! The new characters are great and more Darryl is a good thing, which I wasn’t sure at first. For those who haven’t read the comics, I can’t recommend them enough, but I must admit finding myself comparing the two too much. Now I have to catch on season 10!
I tried reading the comics a few years ago and found that I was comparing them to the show too! I may give them another try if my library has them!
I hope you enjoy them! The further we go in the tv show, the more the two stories are different. They keep the same story arcs and some big moments, but that’s about it. Also, the characters are in majority not the same in both. I think it helped me stopping to compare. I now consider them two different universes.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

habsfan212 wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 14:02 I agree. I guess that’s the problem when an actor’s contract expire. They don’t really have the choice about who is gonna die. I am really bummed about Danai Gurira leaving. I must say that’s not cool getting the news in advance that the actor is leaving. Now, it’s not a surprise anymore, we are just wondering if they are gonna killed or tossed away.
It looks like the producers don't want to renew most of the contracts, and now that the ratings are down they might want to save even more money on the cast. I'm not sure how long they can continue on that path.
Massimo
habsfan212
Currently Reading:

Post by habsfan212 »

Wow, I did not think about it this way! I guess it’s a possibility, and if so, that’s very disappointing. I just hope they stop at the same story arc than the comic and not drag this on for another 10 seasons...
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Eliminating some regular characters is a typical way to cut a show's budget, but there's always the risk of hurting the show. Right now it's hard to tell the duration of a story-arc, though in the current one they seem to be reaching a showdown.
Massimo
LinetteTram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by LinetteTram »

I like watching the walking dead and I need to get season 10 and 11 on dvd when it comes
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

To be honest the show has too much andrenaline for my poor heart. It makes a good watch though.

Return to “Films and Books”