What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Imperio
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imperio.html
Latest Review: A Talk with God, published book, Amazon by Lisa Mullins

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Imperio »

I most recently watched Train to Busan and I am on this forum right now to tell anyone who comes across this reply to please, please watch it if you haven't already. This movie really showed me the best and worst of humanity. I honestly can't believe they were able to fit so much into a two-hour movie. Hours later, I am still thinking about this movie (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting about this movie right now) and I think this movie will speak to the deepest recess of emotion that hasn't been touched in a long time.
taejin jin
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taejin-jin.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by taejin jin »

I just watched Eurovision Song of Fire. I give it 5 of 5. It was very interesting and funny.
Rabia Farooq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rabia-farooq.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Rabia Farooq »

The Devil Wears Prada. Not the first time watching it. It is just one that I love revisiting!
wordnerd123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by wordnerd123 »

Hamilton was last movie I saw was streaming on Disney+ love history! :D The rating was PG13 some swear words.
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was avengers end game and it was great!!!
wordnerd123
Currently Reading:

Post by wordnerd123 »

I literally watched it again last weekend :!: Don't ask me how I missed Iron Man died. :doh:
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaplasticcerebrum.html
Latest Review: Milton at Monticello: Thomas Jefferson's Reading of John Milton by Kemmer Anderson

Post by anaplasticCerebrum »

I just rewatched The Matrix with family. I personally love the movie, even if the main conflict of the movie makes little sense.
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Milton at Monticello: Thomas Jefferson's Reading of John Milton by Kemmer Anderson

georgiaacoleee wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 01:14 The last film I watched was the 1991, The Silence of the Lambs, directed by Jonathon Demme. I remember watching the first 20 minutes of it a while ago, but never watched the whole thing. In my opinion, it wasn't as scary as people made it out to be. On the contrary, it was very eerie and the casting was phenmonal in the aspect of how natural and lifelike the environment and situations felt.

I rate the movie 9/10.
Yeah, it wasn't exactly scary, but more of a thriller. The production team definitely did an excellent job casting, every character felt perfect. Still love that Q Lazzarus song...
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:

Empan16 wrote: 02 May 2020, 21:45 I recently watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower and it turned out to be better than I expected. I would probably have to give it a 3 out of 4 stars (maybe a 3.5). I might consider reading the book.
Was a really good movie. The book is okay. It's a quick read, but it's not as good when you aren't a young teenager.
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:

VSuraj wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 11:45 I'm very late, but I finally watched the classic film Pulp Fiction. You should avoid it if graphic violence and obscene language is not your thing. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I can see why it became a pop culture classic. It was really good how the ending came full circle to link with the opening.
Great movie. Tarantino knows exactly how to keep the story interesting without giving you all the information.
savitrie budhu
Currently Reading:
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by savitrie budhu »

The last movie I saw was The old Guard, its a new movie on netflix. I would say its a 3 out of 5. If you like action movies this is a good choice for you. The story line was good but could be better.
wordnerd123
Currently Reading:

Post by wordnerd123 »

anaplasticCerebrum wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 10:50
Empan16 wrote: 02 May 2020, 21:45 I recently watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower and it turned out to be better than I expected. I would probably have to give it a 3 out of 4 stars (maybe a 3.5). I might consider reading the book.
Was a really good movie. The book is okay. It's a quick read, but it's not as good when you aren't a young teenager.
I thought that was an excellent movie as well.
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

Imperio wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 00:07 I most recently watched Train to Busan and I am on this forum right now to tell anyone who comes across this reply to please, please watch it if you haven't already. This movie really showed me the best and worst of humanity. I honestly can't believe they were able to fit so much into a two-hour movie. Hours later, I am still thinking about this movie (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting about this movie right now) and I think this movie will speak to the deepest recess of emotion that hasn't been touched in a long time.
Very true, I too was surprised how moving the film was in its ruthless portrayal of the way a pandemic hurts humanity. Most zombie films do not tend to take the subject matter seriously. This wasn't the case here.
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

Aroura wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 17:30 Last movie I saw was 365 days ...everyone is simping over that show and the main male character and I don't get it "/... the show was corny ,way too predictable and trash in my opinion 4/10
Haha! Very true. But I don't think everybody has loved it. Most people seem to trash the film. Yet it's a hit on Netflix everywhere. I wonder how things like this occur.
Imperio
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imperio.html
Latest Review: A Talk with God, published book, Amazon by Lisa Mullins

Post by Imperio »

rik17 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 02:26
Imperio wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 00:07 I most recently watched Train to Busan and I am on this forum right now to tell anyone who comes across this reply to please, please watch it if you haven't already. This movie really showed me the best and worst of humanity. I honestly can't believe they were able to fit so much into a two-hour movie. Hours later, I am still thinking about this movie (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting about this movie right now) and I think this movie will speak to the deepest recess of emotion that hasn't been touched in a long time.
Very true, I too was surprised how moving the film was in its ruthless portrayal of the way a pandemic hurts humanity. Most zombie films do not tend to take the subject matter seriously. This wasn't the case here.
Definitely!! And it also makes you think about how much of life is just a collection of a few key moments and experiences. Like if the little girl hadn't learned that song for her father and she just so happened to have no reason to sing that song in grief in the tunnel...

Return to “Films and Books”