What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

The Beyond. I rate it 3 out 5. It was veey interesting and intriguing, but I felt it took too much from The Arrival. Almost copied it in some of the elements. It's wortg seeing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Hitesh singh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hitesh singh »

i saw avengers lately.And i like the characters of part 1.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Last movie I saw was Incredibles 2 & I loved it; it’s hilarious & suitable for all ages even if you’re older you can really enjoy it. I give it a 9/10 only cause it’s been so long since the first one.
MuthoniMuriithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muthonimuriithi.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MuthoniMuriithi »

I am a man of Horror movies. I last watched Insidious Chapter 4. I rate it 5 out 5 stars.
ROMANS 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
lumies
Currently Reading:

Post by lumies »

Excape Plan 2: HADES
This is a brilliant movies composed for this generation, exhibiting extreme technology solely to secure prisoners. However, none criminals are abducted unlawfully to test the efficacy of the facility.

My innocent opinion is that such should never be happening in an ideal society.

The story is impeccably entertaining.
My 5 STARS to the write up and production.
Cralafir
Favorite Book: Rites of Passage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cralafir.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Cralafir »

The last movie I saw was To All The Boys I've Loved Before, based on the book by Jenny Han.

I was very disappointed in all the important details from the book that was left out in the movie. I feel that all the current hype about the movie is just about the actors and I want to shout at people that if they thought that was good, they should really read the book!!

There was so many moments in the book series that made me "Aww" that was not shown and some things were really not explained properly. But I guess anyone who did not read the book, don't know what they missed so they still found it good. Then again, knowing what happens at the end of the book and in the next ones might have also interrupted my enjoyment of the movie.
lumies
Currently Reading:

Post by lumies »

All about the movie solely depends on the director's understanding and interpretation... more so, the producer can also influence the director's understanding and limit the adaptation of the original story to what is achievable.

The most beautiful part is you're a keen and sensitive reader that can relate with details as they come in original. I really appreciate your comment and point of view.
lumies
Currently Reading:

Post by lumies »

"Baby Driver" is the name of the movie. Quite a recent action packed story with brilliant and renown actors playing interestingly befitting characters. So relevant story that reveals the truth that, despite the overwhelming atrocities in the society, there are still few good individuals that believe in goodness and humanity.

This amazing melodrama portends hope for positivity even amidst hopelessness.
apearson4

Post by apearson4 »

Last movie that I saw was legend featuring Tom Hardy and I really enjoyed it. The way he portrayed the kray twins was absolutely phenomenal.
Kiisme
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =52409">12 Shades of Surrender</a>
Currently Reading: An Accidental Affair
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiisme.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Kiisme »

Equalizer 2 I give it 3/5 stars
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The last movie I saw was Crazy Rich Asians and I absolutely loved it. It was a novel experience seeing an all Asian cast on the big screen. I gave it a 5 out of 5 as it was true to the book which I also loved.
lumies
Currently Reading:

Post by lumies »

I am yet to view Equaliser 2...I'm so willing to as Equaliser 1 has really inspired true humane knowledge in me.
adebayo ayomide
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by adebayo ayomide »

Last movie I saw was Sherlock
Holmes ... really enjoyed it
Likey

Post by Likey »

The last movie I saw was Billionaire Boys Club. Interesting story and the film is quite good. Kevin Spacey was brilliant, as usual. His younger colleagues need some practice :).
Cralafir
Favorite Book: Rites of Passage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cralafir.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Cralafir »

Most recent movie I saw was Truth or Dare. It got a lot of negative reviews, but I quite liked it. Its not award worthy but I don't think it deserved all the negativity.

Return to “Films and Books”