What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Karina Nowak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karina-nowak.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Karina Nowak »

Wow. A lot of people watched Spiderman Far From Home this week. It was also the last movie I saw though I don't trust myself to rate it because I am very biased towards Tom Holland. He is the most adorable thing in the MCU and I stan stan stan and ultra stan him. I am currently watching Memories of the Sword, a Korean movie. It has two of my favourite actors in it. High expectations but I'm only 6 minutes in. I should be working! 8-)
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

Ocean Thirteen and Yes it is so good that I've watched it for gajillion times!
Nathan Berner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathan-berner.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nathan Berner »

Yesterday I saw Toy Story 4. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars because the 3D animation graphics were outstanding as well as the story line. It managed a fantastic balance of comedy, nostalgia (from Toy Story 1 through 3), and thrill. I think it had a great ending, considering that it was the last of the Toy Story series by Pixar.
AjPerez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AjPerez »

The Lion King(2019)
8/10
Jake7542
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Jake7542 »

Rewatched hands of stone last night with Robert De Niro and have to say it was still as emotional as it was the first time. What gets me is when they are true stories and at the end of the movie they have an update of how the people lived their lives from then on and what happened.
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

Oh guys, we watched Missing Link the other day and it was really sweet and I enjoyed it. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Have you seen it? What do you think about it?
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
ZCBayne

Post by ZCBayne »

The last movie I watched was Dragonball Super; Broly. I'm pretty sure anyways, I don't really watch too many movies, haha. I was pretty suprised at how much I liked it because I wasn't sure it could pass my nostalgia of the original Dragon Ball Z Broly movies.

I thought it was amazing! It was really entertaining and although I'm disappointed in the change of charcter for Bardock, I thought the entire thing was beautiful! Once the Broly v Z fighters start it only got better. Would reccomend so many times over, 5/5!
ZCBayne

Post by ZCBayne »

Fran wrote: 18 Sep 2010, 16:30 Last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes ... really enjoyed it & I hadn't expected to. I'm sure Conan Doyle would be disgusted but it's a very interesting interpretation. 8/10
I love those movies! Probably some of favorites of all time. RDJ was am interesting choice for Sherlock, but I still think he did amazing.
KaitW13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitw13.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by KaitW13 »

The last movie I saw, in theaters anyway, was Avengers: Endgame. I would give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars because of some of the rather unfortunate circumstances at the end of the movie that made both very sad and very angry.
Nad82

Post by Nad82 »

The last movie i saw was avengers endgame. This movie had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I have never been through or felt so many different emotions before and all at once and at the same time. It made me fustrated, angry, sad, depressed, irritated, and happy. First of all the bad guy is still walking around undefeated trying and succeeding to bring the world to an end. All of the best super heroes and old and new such as captain marvel has yet to take out thanos. The world is in complete
and total chaos and desruction, the once gorgeous thor looks like someones fat uncle, and they killed off ironman and the black widow. The happy part being the finally kill thanos in the end!
Simina Dinca
Currently Reading: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simina-dinca.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Post by Simina Dinca »

Shutter Island-I give it 10 out of 10

The prestige - a movie about the obsession of magicians in the past, I give it 8 out of 10
Dan_Wellock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-wellock.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Dan_Wellock »

The last movie I saw was Captive State, a movie about an alien apocalypse. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. There were many aspects introduced that were not fully explained, and left many questions at the end of the movie. Because of this, and some mediocre acting, I would rate this movie a 3 out of 5.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

Toy Story 4 is the last movie I saw. Out of 5, I'd give it a 4 point 5. The missing half point comes from the fact that it can't ever top Toy Story 3. But I can't help but really like this 4th installment (and I'm sort of relieved it wasn't affected by the sequel curse.)

I enjoyed it very much with its humour and bittersweet moments like the beginning and end. After so many Pixar movies (especially the ones after 2010), I sort of see their tendencies to put characters through situations that influence them to make a difficult decision that brings drastic change at the end. But this pattern doesn't make it a "formula" that turns the story predictable (unlike some superhero movies). Rather, I was constantly worrying over what the character would do.

Just a few days ago, I watched a video review of Toy Story 4, and one point has got me thinking 'Wow, this story is actually really deep!' In the movie, "voiceboxes" had played a huge part. I will try not to spoil anything else here. But "voiceboxes" might be more than just another feature of toys, but also plays a contrast with "inner voice". So even if a toy gives out its voicebox, it still retains its inner voice/ conscience. On the other hand, the voice that comes out of the voicebox- although is a literal inner voice- doesn't exactly play the same role.

I'm a bit sad that some people refused to watch Toy Story 4 because they were afraid it would ruin that perfect ending Toy story 3 gave us. I must admit I was- at one point- thinking Pixar might be making a mistake. But I was fortunately proven wrong!
Atharva Joshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Atharva Joshi »

I watched Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2 last night and loved it. The characters of Gamora and Peter Quill are awesome. The cinematography of the movie was awesome too. Oh and Baby Groot was too cute!
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

To be honest, I don’t get out to see movies very often lately. The last movie I remember going to see was Solo: A Star Wars story. I enjoyed it so that counts, I guess lol. Hopefully I’ll get out to see a new movie soon!

Return to “Films and Books”