What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
DreamQueenUma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by DreamQueenUma »

Last movie I saw was Anabelle(the New one)
Trought movie almost whole time I could say what will happen next and it was boring me to death. Idea is good but for a horror movie I think it must have more 'What will happen next,' and 'I didnt see that coming'. Horror movie should be unpredictable. Good example of the Good horror movie Mirrors. Unpredictable and scary. :twisted:
Brnlan
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brnlan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brnlan »

Just watched Avengers: Endgame. Well worth the wait. At some of the twists, I was like, come on!! But in the end, the final battle delivered. I hated to see the end of 2 favorite characters. :(
Kcarp3
Currently Reading: Odd Hours
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kcarp3 »

I recently watched the latest Fast and Furious movie at the theatre and it was spectacular. It's impossible for The Rock to make a poor quality film. I give it a 5/5 due to the action, drama and eye candy :D
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

The last War a 1961 Japanese movie about nuclear war and the end of the world. One of the most chilling and graphic films I have seen on this subject. The American English speaking parts wernt the greatest, poor actors and corny dialogue but the rest of the movie was very realistic. Also Ikuma Dan's fantastic soundtrack score was top notch. 4 out of 5. Id give it a full five except for the corny English speaking parts.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Nightreaderx
Currently Reading: Unhinged
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Nightreaderx »

The most recent movie that I have watched is the 2017 Wonder Woman film. Overall I loved the story line and the casting choices. The movie was nicely paced and went into detail about her back story and seemed to not have missed much.
hannahlucy_

Post by hannahlucy_ »

the last movie is saw was the notebook, i’ve always wanted to watch it but never got to it. I finally watched it the other day and it’s one of my favourite films, it’s such a complicated yet simple love story. i really loved it and i really recommend it, the acting is amazing too
Heidi_KF333

Post by Heidi_KF333 »

I last saw the newer movie Crawl, a "creature feature" horror/thriller about a woman who's trying to rescue her father from giant and deadly alligators under and inside his slowly flooding house. This movie not only keeps the viewers on the edge of their seats with the slow increase in the the flood water levels but also adds the suspense of the malicious creatures lurking in the water. Would absolutely recommend.

Overall rating 8.8 of 10
league+angel

Post by league+angel »

Its called "Dumplin" It was refreshing in all the right ways, and probably a nightmare for body shamers. Had a number of Dolly Patton scores too. 6.5/10 rating!!!
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I just watched The Way with Martin Sheen for the 3rd time. It's about a father, Martin Sheen, who was disappointed in his son's choice to abandon becoming a doctor in order to travel the world. Martin Sheen's character, due to some circumstances, ends up walking the famous pilgrimage in Spain called, "El Camion de Santiago" (The way of St. James). He walks the most popular route from a town in France to Santiago de Compostela-the church that holds remains of St. James. During this 500 plus mile walk, he meets other pilgrims who are walking for different reasons. I absolutely love this movie! I love the friendships that are forged and the amazing sites they see along the way. This movie has inspired me to walk El Camino. I hope to do the pilgrimage in a few years.
Quindara Harris

Post by Quindara Harris »

The last movie I watched was The Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel for the 10th time. About the modern world holds many secrets, the most astounding being that witches still live among us. Centuries ago, Kaulder (Vin Diesel) managed to slay the all-powerful Witch Queen, decimating her followers in the process. Before her death, she cursed the valiant warrior with her own immortality, separating him from his beloved wife and daughter in the afterlife. Her resurrection now threatens the survival of the human race as Kaulder, the only one of his kind remaining, faces her vengeful wrath. I love this movie. I love the face that he learns to love a witch and that helps him go after the witch Queen in the end and that he saves his best friend from witches that cursed his friend.
Bookworm Sage

Post by Bookworm Sage »

I'm currently watching The Hobbit series. I love the setting and the emotion that the sires give off. I have never seen nothing like this before, I recommend it to whom ever want to have an emotional rollercoaster and want to escape to a fantasy world.
BlueEyedMisfit
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blueeyedmisfit.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

Post by BlueEyedMisfit »

I just watched The Mountain Between Us last night. I'm kind of late to watch it, but I don't go to the theater much and only rent movies to watch that both my husband and I will love. So, I finally got to watch it last night and it blew my mind with how amazing it was. I thought it was based on a true story for a minute. I ended up searching it afterwar and realized it was based on a book. Now I have a new book on my list to read because, as we all know, books are usually better than the movies.
gwala cent
Currently Reading:

Post by gwala cent »

Hobs and Shaw's ...I think the movie was over fictional... maybe this was done to make the movie more interesting but to me it made it loose it's taste :oops2:
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

SpiderMan Far From Home. Love me some Marvel.
Valeria_gr4
Currently Reading: How to live on 24 Hours a Day
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-gr4.html
Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody

Post by Valeria_gr4 »

A few days ago, I watched for the first time Sydney White and I loved it! I experienced so many emotions at the same time it was crazy. Could watch it again and again without founding it boring. For those who love ROM/COM or chick flicks it is a must; for its genre, I found it different and not a total cliche.

Return to “Films and Books”