Your favorite moments in movies you love.

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

1) The ending of Dances With Wolves (Indian on cliff transitions to wolf on cliff.)

2) The moment when Columbus first sets foot on North American soil in 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise (still gives me chills)

3) The ending of the original Cinema Paradiso (laughing and crying at the same time - blew me away - and the crazy part is that the ending was not originally planned - the director was forced to come up with an alternative to shorten the movie. I am convinced that this ending won it the Academy Award for best foreign film.)

4) Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King - "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

5) The original Universal movie The Wolf Man When Larry Talbot asks the Gypsy why they are suddenly closing the festival and breaking camp in such a hurry and the Gypsy replies, "There is a werewolf in the camp." Woooooooo, shivers!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

August Rush, at the end where August plays the concert of his life and turns around to see his parents standing there together.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

The Notebook, when Noah and Allie are fighting outside of his house. I see it as one of the best and rare expression of love. Couples fight often, because love is also confrontation and stand for yourself and your partner, above all when times gets hard.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Nena_Morena wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 18:08 The Notebook, when Noah and Allie are fighting outside of his house. I see it as one of the best and rare expression of love. Couples fight often, because love is also confrontation and stand for yourself and your partner, above all when times gets hard.
How funny, I was about to say a scene from this movie when I saw your response. I love when Allie and Noah are young, laying in the middle of the street. He's opening up a side to her she would never explore on her own. I feel she started questioning things about her life she hadn't questioned before.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

SABRADLEY wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 15:03
Nena_Morena wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 18:08 The Notebook, when Noah and Allie are fighting outside of his house. I see it as one of the best and rare expression of love. Couples fight often, because love is also confrontation and stand for yourself and your partner, above all when times gets hard.
How funny, I was about to say a scene from this movie when I saw your response. I love when Allie and Noah are young, laying in the middle of the street. He's opening up a side to her she would never explore on her own. I feel she started questioning things about her life she hadn't questioned before.
I loved that part too. He indeed opened a new world to her. She began to see the freedom that she never had .
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Here's one that will cut onions if you are made of flesh and blood ... and it is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EaaCQNuDsU
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Once Upon a Time in the West is a fantastic film. The scene I particularly love is when McBain and his family are gunned down, the little boy runs out, and then the fantastic music starts up and those evil men start to step out and walk towards him. It’s a terrible but truly memorable scene.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Taurus_27496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taurus-27496.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Taurus_27496 »

Letters to Juliet is one of my all time favourite films. Absolutely love every little things about it. The characters, dialogues, plot, soundtrack, scenes, etc. However, my one favourite moment would be the final scene; where Charlie and Sophie profess their love for one another. Simply adorable.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I love in the movie A Walk to Remember when Landon asks Jamie to marry him for the fact that he's helping her realize the top thing on her list before she dies.
shraddharm
Favorite Book: Beyond embarrasment
Currently Reading: The Disembodied
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddharm.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by shraddharm »

My favorite moment is from the movie 'Guardian Of The Galaxy 2'. The starting of the film when Groot dances without a care about where he is while the others are fighting the Alien is the best scene I have ever watched in any film.
-R
Agafs favour
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Agafs favour »

STILL ALICE.when the husband had to leave,also when she gave her speech. It was so emotional.i was like crying all through that part
tinahicks87
Favorite Book: I'll Point to Heaven: We will be Together Again
Currently Reading: The Book of Mormon
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by tinahicks87 »

One of my favs is Cookie’s Fortune, with Liv Taylor, Glenn Close, Julianne Moore, and Chris O’Donnell. I don’t want to give anything away because those of an older generation like me should really watch this movie. At the reading of Cookie’s will, it was found out that one of Willis’ grandparents was white and related to Cooki’s Husband. After hearing this Cookie’s white granddaughter jumped up with the happiest smile and squealed, oh Willis, does this mean I’m black too? This in no way is meant to be racist. This was a very happy discovery. Just watch the movie so you can laugh since this movie is so darn funny and a good clean movie for all ages!
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

mamalui wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 15:43 August Rush, at the end where August plays the concert of his life and turns around to see his parents standing there together.
Wow, yes!
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

"Copper, you're my very best friend."
"And you're mine too, Tod."

The Fox and the Hound, that whole movie gets me every time.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
markmoerke

Post by markmoerke »

I start to tear up at the dinner sequence in Come Back Little Sheba and escalates when Doc calls Lola a SLUT and she pleads with
him, the "Pretty Lola" (hospital) : and then "Hello Mama" Fantastic

Return to “Films and Books”