What is your favorite line in a film or movies?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
underthe_cloudyskies
Currently Reading: The Catcher in the Rye
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-underthe-cloudyskies.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: What is your favorite line in a film or movies?

Post by underthe_cloudyskies »

Kei Nakagawa wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 04:02
underthe_cloudyskies wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 02:45
Kei Nakagawa wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 00:02 In the movie Ready Player One:

Why can't we go backwards for once? Backwards, really, really fast, as fast as we can. Really put the pedal to the metal, you know?

I really love this line because in a world where we are always reminded to move forward, sometimes you just really want to move backwards for once!
Ready player one was amazing ! Have you read the book
The movie was indeed amazing! I haven't read the book, though. Is it worth the read?
The book is actually a hell lot better than the movies. No offense to the movies but as we all know every movie adaption of a book obliterates small, significant details and the book would complete those gaps.
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

underthe_cloudyskies wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 04:13
underthe_cloudyskies wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 02:45
Ready player one was amazing ! Have you read the book
The movie was indeed amazing! I haven't read the book, though. Is it worth the read?
The book is actually a hell lot better than the movies. No offense to the movies but as we all know every movie adaption of a book obliterates small, significant details and the book would complete those gaps.
I couldn't agree more. That's why I always make sure I watch the movie first before reading the film to prevent future disappointments. I guess I'm just really waiting for the right push to read Ready Player One. Did the movie stay loyal to the book?
underthe_cloudyskies

That's a really good tactic, I do it the other way round actually. I read the book first to criticize the movie or show to my hearts desire. The movie is not exactly quite like the book, the casting is acceptable but the plot is much more enhanced in the book.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Alright Alright Alright. To gain the spirit of these words, please re-iterate with a bad Mathew McConaughey western impression.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Kei Nakagawa wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 05:14

I couldn't agree more. That's why I always make sure I watch the movie first before reading the film to prevent future disappointments. I guess I'm just really waiting for the right push to read Ready Player One. Did the movie stay loyal to the book?
I have seen the movie only. It was pretty good and the CGI was in point. Now that I know the story, reading the book seems like a chore.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

underthe_cloudyskies wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 05:32 That's a really good tactic, I do it the other way round actually. I read the book first to criticize the movie or show to my hearts desire. The movie is not exactly quite like the book, the casting is acceptable but the plot is much more enhanced in the book.
I once did that but I end up feeling very disappointed about the book, that's why I decided to watch the movie first.

Thanks! I might finally get to read it soon.
underthe_cloudyskies

Kei Nakagawa wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 08:03
underthe_cloudyskies wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 05:32 That's a really good tactic, I do it the other way round actually. I read the book first to criticize the movie or show to my hearts desire. The movie is not exactly quite like the book, the casting is acceptable but the plot is much more enhanced in the book.
I once did that but I end up feeling very disappointed about the book, that's why I decided to watch the movie first.

Thanks! I might finally get to read it soon.
You're welcome :D that'd be grwat
underthe_cloudyskies

rahilshajahan wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 06:01
Kei Nakagawa wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 05:14
I have seen the movie only. It was pretty good and the CGI was in point. Now that I know the story, reading the book seems like a chore.
Like I said the movie WAS pretty great in terms of casting and I agree the CGI was amazing too. But my point is the book is quite a bit different than the movie and no offense, better. But I'm not forcing anyone or something, its just a opinion.
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Christopher Walken in The Suicide Kings"The Suicide Kings" "Life ain't fair...it doesn't follow logic, or obey orders..." Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." and "Keaton always said, I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him. Well, I believe in God and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze" and Fred Savage from The Princess Bride "Who gets Humperdink?...you mean he wins?! Jesus, Grandpa! What did you read me this for?"
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
mpsmaster
Favorite Book: Think and grow rich
Currently Reading: As a Man Thinketh
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mpsmaster.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by mpsmaster »

"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

Aragorn, lord of the rings.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerimiahsebastian.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by jerimiahsebastian »

A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.”
by Niki Lauda (Rush)
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:

"Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.”
From 10 things I hate about you spoken by Heath Ledger
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:

I love this one from the Godfather too
Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
It was by Puzo
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:

And my last but not the least
“Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” from the movie X-men days of the future.

Return to “Films and Books”