Marvel or DC?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Re: Marvel or DC?

Post by Wesusa »

DC without a doubt. Despite Marvel having a lot better movies, (I loved Infinity War) I personally find the DC characters much more interesting and complex. They have also produced some of the greatest comics of all time (which is my preferred medium of consuming these stories). I love Spider-Man, but every single other character I consider great is from DC. I get that a lot of people like Marvel because of the movies, which admittedly, are very impressive, but as someone who has always preferred comics and animated movies, DC will always be my favorite.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Christopher M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-m-1.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Christopher M 1 »

When it comes to the movies, I definitely prefer Marvel. My favorite Marvel movies so far are Infinity War, Endgame, and Captain America: Winter Soldier. I also read comics, and I love comics from both DC and Marvel. I like the grit of the DC comics, and I like the fun of the Marvel characters, especially Spiderman.
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

Marvel without a doubt.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

Marvel. DC just has too much involved with too many movies that are poorly made. Comics aren't want I read. I like spider-man: Far From Home the best.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

Marvel
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I used to love marvel. But after Stan Lee gone, I just think the creativity of marvel has gone too. Especially, after they remove Christan from Thor, I was really shocked. I was a big fan of both and now there is nothing left for me in marvel. I even quit watching movies now.
Cobie Conger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cobie Conger »

I am a huge Marvel fan! I love the characters and how well developed the entire series is. However, I have never read the comics and wish I could. I know theres a Marvel comics app where you can read everyone of the novels but there is a subscription fee. When it comes to DC films though, I fall asleep every time I watch them. They are super boring and every character seems to be very monotone.
bhart1988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhart1988.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Post by bhart1988 »

Marvel has done such a good job building their brand in the mainstream. While Superman and Batman etc. we’re more recognizable in the past, Marvel tapped into something by having each movie and show build upon itself.
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Little_Lotte »

I have not read the comics, but if it comes down to the movies, I choose Marvel. The marketing vision they had when making the MCU is absolutely fantastic. Most people only focus on the fact that they only did that to earn money but I think that DC had that opportunity and wasted it completely. Though DC characters are good, and there is no match to Batman or the Joker, for sure. But if I had to choose, it would be Marvel. :D
Kayla_Sanders
Currently Reading: Iron Widow
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-sanders.html
Latest Review: Signs in the Rearview Mirror by Kelly Smith

Post by Kayla_Sanders »

Marvel is my preference. It's what I grew up on, and it's always what will comfort me the most. DC is cool too, but there's a lot less characters I care for in that universe compared to Marvel's.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” – Charles W. Eliot
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I'm just watch "what if" series. That was just awesome. Especially episode third. Marvel series are best for me.
Shedrach19
Currently Reading: Death Ray
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Shedrach19 »

It's hard to pick between both cus they both do justice to every character and scene. I think if there's a merge between them both, the turn out would be massive.
Areeba M
Currently Reading: Vicious
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areeba-m.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areeba M »

Definitely Marvel, maybe it's because I haven't read the comics. I only watch the movies.
Michael Fagbohun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-fagbohun.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Michael Fagbohun »

Marvel for sure. I am a sucker for marvel movies. I mean DC is alright but just prefer marvel.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Inge van Tonder »

I dont read comic books. But based on movies, my opinion is that Marvel is way better. DC is trying, but I feel they are just not on par

Return to “Films and Books”