Gilmore Girls

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Meliha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Gilmore Girls

Post by Meliha »

Love them... The script is well written, though sometimes I feel like the story is a bit stuck. But watching them is like a warm cup of choco-milk - relaxing yet smart.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

Gilmore Girls? Never heard of it. When was it released and how many seasons of it are out yet? What is it's genre? I got so many questions.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Taylor Danvers wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 16:15 Gilmore Girls? Never heard of it. When was it released and how many seasons of it are out yet? What is it's genre? I got so many questions.
It was released in 2000, there are seven seasons, and an extra season recently added. The genre is comedy-drama. It is about a woman who was born in a wealthy family, who just pregnant at 16. Wanting more than a glamour lifestyle, she runs away after the baby is born to a small town called Stars Hollow and words in an Inn. It starts if when the girl is in middle school and just shows the crazy, amazing life they live and the bond they share. Goes through alot of realationships as well. Sorry I put a little more then you asked for, but I hope this helps. BTW it's on Netflix and UpTv.
anaabarcalyman
Currently Reading: No Dark Clouds
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by anaabarcalyman »

Ahh the Gilmore Girls. I would definitely choose Luke and Jesse. Luke is so grounded and had a good effect on Lorelei’s, dare I say it, more flippant personality. As to Jesse and Rory, they were a good match, in personality, intelligence, and humor. And also, he challenged her to be more then just “everyone’s favorite girl”.
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

I absolutely adore Gilmore Girls! I grew up watching it with my mom so it has a special place of nostalgia for me. I always wanted Lorelei to be with Luke and I really did like Logan for Rory. Although, I've always thought growing up how great Rory is and I feel like part of becoming an adult was realizing how not so great she is. She's not a perfect character and actually does a lot of cruddy things throughout the series (and the Netflix reboot). I still love the show though!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I love it. I just started watching it on Netflix and I wish they end up with Luke and Logan too.
booklover12334
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by booklover12334 »

I think Rorie should end up with Jess but of course things between them didn't end well, I also think that Logan would be perfect for her as well. For lorilie I think that her and Luke are a match made in heaven I always shipped them and I didn't see it coming when they finally ended up together.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I love watching Gilmore Girls during autumn, I don't know why, but it is the perfect season for a cup of tea and a Gilmore Girls marathon. The intro always makes me sing with them.

"If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely and so cold..."
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I really did like Lorelei with Luke, I think that was pretty obviously choice...

However, I hated Logan for Rory... he as so bad for her. I really like Jesse, but more mature Jesse.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
AdamRedWolf
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamredwolf.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by AdamRedWolf »

Funny story... The Gilmore Girls theme song once pushed me over the edge of sanity and made me vomit.

The annoying theme song matched the annoying show.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
- Bokonon (Kurt Vonnegut), Cat's Cradle
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

Luke and Jesse for the win!!!

Love Gilmore Girls, it's such a comforting show, even through the bad parts. If Stars Hollow were real, I would move in there in a heartbeat.
Jeno2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Jeno2018 »

I loved Gilmore Girls. I had my daughter at 16 so I always related to Lorelei sooo much. When I heard about the extra 4 I was super excited. They were ok but hated how they ended sooooooo much. Always liked Lorelei with Luke and Rory with Jesse.
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Yup Luke and Logan for the win.

I was hoping they would do a follow up after Rory's announcement at the end of the mini-series.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

Asooomsaleh wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 21:44 I grew up with this series,I love Loreali she is the best mom in the world .
Same!
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I think Rory should have ended with Jess because he pushed her and learned her limits. He also grew from the person she had broken up with.

Return to “Films and Books”